LoRa IoT is long range Low power Secure and Reliable communication protocol
LoRa (short for long range) is a spread spectrum modulation technique derived from chirp spread spectrum (CSS) technology. LoRa devices and the open LoRaWAN® protocol enable smart IoT applications that solve some of the biggest challenges facing our planet: energy management, natural resource reduction, pollution control, infrastructure efficiency, disaster prevention, and more.
Major LoRa technology advantages are:
- Long range - LoRa devices can connect at 4-5 km on open air and up to 1-2km in urban areas.
- Low power LoRa devices can work on batteries for years.
- Security - all messages are encrypted.
- Relaiability - using same technology as for space communication.
- Operator indeppendant, no trafic cost - you are your own operator.
LoRa transciever for European ISM frequency 868Mhz
LoRa transciever for North American ISM frequency 915Mhz
LPWAN solution of LoRa (G)FSK, (G)MSK, and BPSK based on STM32WL SOC
Open Source Hardware LoRaWAN development kit based on STM32WL SOC