Open Source Hardware Ultra low-cost 32-bit PINGUINO MAPLE ARDUINO like development board
|10 - 49 pcs||8.96 EUR|
|50 - 10000 pcs||7.96 EUR|
ARDUINO-UNO like board with PIC32MX220F032D.
Generally this board outperforms ARDUINO-UNO in regard to hardware capabilities as you can see from the
||YES 4 CH
* require additional chip FT232 or ATMega with USB
** hardware allows power down to 10 uA operation for hand-held battery apps
The only Pinguino shortcoming compared with Arduino is the smaller community and the less
projects available ready for use.
- PIC32MX220F032D 32 bit, 40 Mhz microcontroller 32KB Flash 8KB RAM
- Ultra Low Power design
- Li-Po battery connector for hand-held applications
- UEXT connector which allows
many existing modules like RF, ZIGBEE, GSM, GPS to be connected
- Two LEDs
- One USER BUTTON
- RESET button
- A Mini USB connector is used, which is common and used in most cell phones,
so you do not have to buy other cables
- All PIC ports available on a 0.1" connector match the ARDUINO platform
and the second row with correct 0.1"step
- The ICSP signals provided on a 0.1" step connector if you do not want to
use Pinguino IDE and you want to program this board with PIC-KIT3.
- I do everything just like in the examples with MOD-GSM but I receive no data. What do I do different?
- You might need to cut the UEXT cable (or create your own wires) connecting the MOD-GSM with the board so that
only data call signals are left, refer to
MOD-GSM with DUINOMITE
boards (CTS is held at a high position, which means it will not send data)
Do not use the "programmer-to-go" button when there is no image on the OLIMEX PIC-KIT3 or
MICROCHIP PIC-KIT3 because that might put your microcontroller in an irrecoverable state. We have
tested the mentioned scenario and we can confirm it destroys PIC32 chips (using both our and
the original Microchip PICKIT3). We don't take responsibility if you break your chip that way.
For more info check the following: