USB RFID reader for 125 KHz TAGS with emulation of keyboard and RS232
|10 - 49 pcs||18.95 EUR|
|50 - 10000 pcs||17.96 EUR|
- USB plug in module, works with every USB host which supports HID Keyboard and CDC
- Read RFID125 kHz tags up to 3-12 cm distance
- Emulates USB keyboard (HID) or Virtual COM port (CDC)
- Works with OLinuXino boards
- Can be used by RS232, USB, SPI interface
- Can be used as RFID reader with all Olimex boards which have UEXT connector
- Dimensions: 100 x 50 x 10mm ~ (3.9 x 1.96 x 0.4)"
- Q: The read distance is really low. How can I improve it?
- A: In short: use another USB port, avoid USB hubs, use a short and tested USB cable. Consider using USB-CAP.
The USB cables and ports affect the read distance of MOD-RFID125. The board has no input voltage regulator and the main chip is powered by 5V taken directly from the USB. Furthermore, the board consumes considerable amount of current, around 150mA and sometimes even slightly more. Consider that:
- some low quality cables use wires made from materials with very higher inner resistance which also drops the voltage; some other cables are simply too long and also drop the voltage
- after some USB hubs this 5V voltage might drop significantly, because low quality materials with high inner resistance were used which means that the current consumption raises
- some USB ports simply do not meet the USB standards
- consider using USB-CAP between the reader and the USB port that would help sudden current surages