Low cost fast USB JTAG for programming and flash emulation
|10 - 49 pcs||49.46 EUR|
|50 - 10000 pcs||43.96 EUR|
- Programs all MSP430Fxxx flash microcontrollers
- Ultra fast programming 14KB/s faster several times
than TI-USB-FET (1.4 KB/s with spy-bi-wire)
- Uses TI standard 2x7 pin JTAG connector
- Spy-By-Wire support for the newest TI MSP430 devices
- Can supply the target with 3.3V fixed voltage 50mA maximum current, no short circuit
- MSP430.dll makes it compatible with all existing software which works with TI-USB-FET
- Compatible with IAR Kickstart software for programming, real time emulation, debugging,
step by step program execution, breakpoints, memory dump etc everything all high priced emulators
- With IAR Kickstart you can write in assembler unlimited code size and to write in C with
2K limit for all MSP430 microcontrollers
- Works with free GCC C compiler and Insight MSP430 toolchain and debugger
- For MAC-OS users: reported to work with PS X 10.4 and current Parallels
- Dimensions 50x40 mm (2x1.6") + 20 cm (8") cable
- I think my device doesn't have the latest firmware. How do I update the firmware?
- Download and extract the package from the software section above. Follow the instructions in the README.txt file inside.
- Code Composer Studio 5 crashes after I upload some code on my target board. What is the
- We are aware of the problem and it is a problem on our side. We are working to resolve the
issue. The workaround is to use the previous driver version 220.127.116.11, instead of the latest 18.104.22.168.
Replace the dll with the 22.214.171.124 one, which can be found downloaded from a link above.
- Can I use the MSP430-JTAG-ISO-MK2 with the XYZ development IDE/tools?
- The MSP430.dll which is provided with the MSP430-JTAG-ISO-MK2 is 100% compliant to the Texas
Instruments MSP430.dll and will work with *every* development software which supports the original
TI MSP430-FET and MSP430-USBFET hardware platforms, we have tested IAR EW for MSP430, Code Composer Studio, Rowley CrossWorks, MSPDEBUG and MSPGCC.
- My target device is supported in your free MSP430 programmer but I can't find it in the
- To be able to program it with the Olimex Programmer you will have to add your device's info in
the olidev.ini (located in the main folder) by following the pattern below. You must use the following
format for a single line, the required info can be acquired from the datasheet of the processor in
“Memory organization” table. For more info refer to the readme text file in the install folder.
- Other companies charge money for MSP430 programming software, why is yours free?
- To write MSP430 programming software using the TI MSP430.dll is a very easy job, there would
probably be tons of such programmers available if TI was not keeping the DLL content secret. The
programmer software we offer is a beta testing software so it may have some bugs although we've been using it for
years at home. Now we've decided to release it for the public as we got a number of questions about whether we know
of any such software :). As we are a more hardware-oriented company rather than software-oriented and we've never gotten involved in
sales of software, we decided to just release it as a freeware and not to hassle with software copy
protections and such.Note that it's not open source but a copyrighted software, although it costs you
nothing to obtain or distribute it. We are going to fix all reported bugs in a timely manner but keep
in mind that it's not a commercial project and our people have a lot of other stuff to do.
|10 - 49 pcs||1.80 EUR|
|50 - 10000 pcs||1.60 EUR|