Opto-isolated USB JTAG dongle for programming and emulation
|10 - 49 pcs||14.36 EUR|
|50 - 10000 pcs||12.76 EUR|
- Programs and debugs AVR flash microcontrollers that have JTAG and are supported by Atmel JTAG ICE mkI, AVR-JTAG-USB is a complete analog of Atmel JTAG ICE mkI (AVR Studio thinks it works with original ICE). Note that this is not Atmel JTAG ICE mkII.
- Works with targets Vcc 3.0 - 5.0V
- Uses Atmel's 2x5 pin JTAG connector layout (DIFFERENT FROM ICSP CONNECTOR layout!)
- Optoisolated, so you can debug target boards directly connected to mains 120/220VAC (take care when working with high voltages!)
- Recommended software environments: Atmel Studio 4; AVRDUDE; AVaRICE
- List of all supported targets: ATmega128, ATmega128L, AT90CAN128, ATmega16, ATmega16L, ATmega162, ATmega162L, ATmega162V, ATmega165, ATmega165V, ATmega169, ATmega169L, ATmega169V, ATmega32, ATmega32L, ATmega323, ATmega323L, ATmega64, ATmega64L
- Does NOT work with newer devices or with debug wire this JTAG will NOT do the job. This design does NOT support newer devices like ATmega644, ATmega640, ATmega1280/1281/2560/2561, ATmega645/6450/649/6490 and so on
- Does NOT power the target device
- Works with AVR Studio 4 for programming, real time emulation, debugging, step by step program execution, breakpoints, memory dump etc everything all high priced emulators do
- Full emulation of all analog and digital functions, full JTAG programming support
- Upgradable via AVR Studio 4
- Requires a USB cable with B type connector, i.e. you should have a cable with USB type B female to USB type A connectors to connect it to your computer
- Dimensions 50x40 mm (2x1.6") + 20 cm (8") cable
- AVR-USB-JTAG user's guide
- AVR-JTAG-USB - How to install and use guide
- Note: AVR Studio has a bug and when you upgrade your virtual COM port should be COM1 or COM2.
- AVR-JTAG firmware upgrade tool for the very first lot of AVR-JTAG (no -L suffix), all JTAGs shipped after 01.01.2004 are with a fixed bootloader and will upgrade automatically via AVR-STUDIO
- AVR-JTAG-USB-A European Declaration of Conformity
- AVR-JTAG-USB-A UKCA Declaration of Conformity
- AVR-JTAG connector (top view)
- Please note that AVR-USB-JTAG needs power from the target, which means that PIN.4 and PIN.7 of the JTAG connector should be wired to the target board VCC! This is a requirement due to the optoisolation circuit.
- FT232 drivers for your OS download and install to may work with AVR-JTAG-USB via the virtual COM port and AVR Studio
- AVR Studio 4 for programming and emulation.
Please note that ATMEL does not support this product (and the original Atmel JTAG ICE mkI) in AVR Studio 5 and ATMEL Studio 6 and ATMEL Studio 7!
IMPORTANT NOTE: AVR Studio 4.13 has a bug and the fuses are not read correctly. On our request to Atmel support they confirmed the bug and promised to fix the bug in "AVR Studio 4.13 SP2 JTAGICE Fix"available from http://www.atmel.no/beta_ware/
- Confirmed working with AVRDUDE
- For GNU/Linux you can also use http://avarice.sourceforge.net/ Our customer Mr. Aris (thank you) reported success using the avarice software. A typical command line for AVR-USB-JTAG and atmega32 controller would be: avarice -1 -j ⁄dev⁄ttyUSB0 -e -P atmega32 -f mycode.hex -p -v