High-speed ARM USB JTAG with target power consumption monitoring and
external hardware breakpoint triggers
Note that this product is OBSOLETE and the last IAR EW for ARM version supported is 6.21.
We are unable to provide firmware updates even if we want to.
ARM-JTAG-EW is fast and reliable JTAG programmer / debugger designed to work with EW-ARM,
the goal was not to release another fast USB JTAG compatible with Embedded Workbench just yet,
but to make a low-cost JTAG with features available only in the expensive Logic analyzers. For
this purpose ARM-JTAG-EW offers the user not only software breakpoints, but also hardware
breakpoints - the user can stop the code by external triggers which may be the target power
consumption, rising/falling edge external signals, analogue signal window value.
ARM-JTAG-EW emulates on a low level the IAR Systems' J-LINK API so that it works like a normal J-LINK
debugger, yet it also adds some unique features which are available only in the very high end and
expensive debugger tools on the market.
- Debug all ARM microcontrollers supported by EW-ARM
- Fast speed USB 2.0 JTAG dongle interface, can be used with all ARM7
and CortexM0 and CortexM3
devices for programming and debugging, ARM9 and MIPS support are planned to
be add in future.
- Can power on/off target with +5VDC on ARM connector PIN#19
- Monitors the power consumption, you can watch in C-SPY
- You can set breakpoints at power consumption value
- You can set external trigger breakpoints i.e. you
can stop your code on rising / falling edge of external hardware signal
- You can set external trigger breakpoint on external
analogue value signal i.e. stop our code when the external signal is between
0.85 and 1.25V
- Uses ARM's standard 2x10 pin JTAG connector
- Supports ARM targets working in voltage range 2.0– 5.0 V DC
- Software supported by EW-ARM
- Available support for OpenOCD
- Dimensions 50x40 mm (2x1.6") + 20 cm (8") JTAG cable
driver for EW-ARM. The latest driver is arm-jtag-ew-188.8.131.52.zip and supports
EW-ARM 6.21, Cortex M0 as JTAG and Cortex M0 serial wire debug is released.
- Can I debug high voltage targets with ARM-JTAG-EW?
- ARM-JTAG-EW is not isolated, but you can use USB-ISO isolator device to protect your
PC while debugging high voltage targets.
- What is the difference between ARM-JTAG-EW and other JTAGs you have?
- ARM-JTAG-EW is developed to work only with IAR EW-ARM it's faster than other JTAGs
like ARM-USB-OCD-H and ARM-USB-TINY-H etc but limited for use only with IAR expensive
compiler. From release 6.XX IAR EW-ARM also support GDB server and you can work with it
with the less expensive ARM-USB-OCD-H and ARM-USB-TINY-H which also support Rowley Cross
Works and the complete free GCC+OpenOCD, so it make sense to buy ARM-JTAG-EW only if you
have big programs which require faster programming with EW-ARM.