Revision as of 07:35, 23 June 2014
- A13 Cortex-A8 CPU and Mali 400 GPU
- 256 or 512MB DDR3 RAM memory
- Power supply managment
- 1x LCD connector
- 3x GPIO connectors
- MicroSD card connector
- DEBUG-UART connector for console debug with USB-SERIAL-CABLE-F
- status LED
- Power LED
- RESET button
- 3.3V input power supply
- PCB dimensions: 61 x 33 mm
Official Images from OLIMEX
[ A13-SOM-256 Debian 4GB SD-card image release-1 with hardware accelerated video and:]
[ A13-SOM-512 Debian 4GB SD-card image release-1 with hardware accelerated video and:]
- Linux Kernel 3.4.90+
- XFCE4 desktop environment
- Mplayer CLI
- GCC 4.6
- 4.3"(480x272), 7"(800x480), 10" (1024x600) and 15.6" (1366x768) LCD and touchscreen support
- USB WIFI RTL8188CU, Ethernet AX88772B
- Python 2.7
- A13-LCD 4.3″TS 4.3″ LCD with backlight and touchscreen 480×272 pixels
- A13-LCD7″TS 7″ LCD with backlight and touchscreen 800×480 pixels
- A10-LCD10″TS 10.1″ LCD with backlight and touchscreen 1024×600 pixels
- Micro SD card
- OTG USB
- HIGH SPEED HOST1 USB
- Default Login: root/olimex
Tested board peripherals with this image:
- GPIO - located at /sys/class/gpio
- LCD - supported are A13-LCD4.3TS, A13-LCD7TS, A13-LCD10TS
- Touch screen - you need calibrate LCD before using touch screen. Type: ts_calibrate and then test it with ts_test
- ASIX 8877 USB-LAN - USB-ETHERNET-AX88772B
- RTL8188CU - MOD-WIFI-RTL8188
- USB_OTG - works as OTG device and Low/Full/High USB host
- USB_HOST - works as Low/Full/High USB host
- mico_SD_card - allow Linux boot
- I2C2(100KHz) - /dev/i2c-2
- I2C1(100KHz) - /dev/i2c-1
Note: the A13-SOM-Debian-SD card which we have in our web store contains the same image on 4GB Class10 fast micro SDcard, if you want to use this image please use card of Class10 speed or the performance of Linux will be very slow.
Note: in the previous Debian releases the Ethernet was auto-detected and initialized during boot BUT this was causing big delays in the start-up of the board if you didn't want to use Ethernet or if there wasn't Ethernet cable connected.
You can enable it by following these two steps:
1. To check under what name the LAN is associated write "ifconfig –a"
2. If, for example, it is under eth0 name, then write: "dhclient eth0"
This should enable the Ethernet and then SSH would also be available.
Android 4.2.2 NAND for A13-LCD7"TS
The image is with these features:
- Android 4.2.2
- NAND image i.e. will work only on [A13-SOM-512+A13-SOM-WIFI-4GB]
- Supports 7" LCD 800x480 pixels
- Touchscreen supported
- GPIO support
- USB-Ethernet ASIX 88772
- USB-WIFI RTL8188
- USB-OTG support USB device and USB host with Low/Full/High speed
- USB-HOST-top Low/Full/High speed
- micro SD card
A13 User Manual
A13 Users manual
Power supply and consumption
A13-OLinuXino can be powered from:
- +3.3V voltage applied to GPIO-1
Power consumption is as follows:
A13-SOM-XXX basic dimensions
A13-SOM-256/512 schemaitc is available at GitHub
A13-SOM-WIFI schematic and CAD files are at GitHub
The CAD product used to design A13-SOM-WIFI is Eagle and you can download evaluation free version from their web.
Linux-Commands Brief Linux Command reference
GPIO under Linux
How to generate boot-able SD-card Debian Linux image for A13-SOM?
How to download new Android image to the NAND memory of my A13-SOM board?
How do I write the official Android image to a micro SD card for my A20 board?
How do I write the Linux image to a micro SD card to use with my A13-SOM board?
How to change LCD resolutions?
How to detect and enable the Ethernet controller (if it is disabled by default)?
How to install Android on SD-card?
How to access UART, I2C, GPIOs under Android?
How to control PWM under Linux?
How to properly calibrate a display under Debian
How to add STK1160 video capture driver support in Kernel 3.4
STK1160 driver backport by Dimitar Tomov