Wifi issues on A13-OLINUXINO-WIFI board

Started by hoyle, June 23, 2013, 07:33:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clem

Thanks but that's not solving the issue.

ielektros

I have same issue with a new A13 board +WiFi. First working properly, and 1-2 minutes later if I use the wireless, the connection is broken. And some seconds (30-40) later connecting again till the first bigger load. That is not a question, HW problem. Tomorrow I will check a little bit deeper the WiFi board. The trouble is same under Android and Debian.

JohnS

Have you made 100% certain it is not power save?  It is with the default Android, for sure.

John

ielektros

I playing with it right now. But under debian same. After 10 sec connection, just disconnect. For me the important is under Debian. I hope that is not a hw error but right now, I´m sure. But maybe tomorrow not  ;D

If I have some results, will post that.
(sorry for my english...)

asianremedy

First the connection disappears randomly and after a while if you try to debug through UART port you get a message like this:

hub 2-1:1.0: unable to enumerate usb device on port X

Finally Wi-Fi stops to show any signs of life. Just letting you know guys the experience I had with the board.

Regards

olimex

it would be great when you report these issues to clarify which software image you are using, with the image on our wiki which we distribute we never encounter such behavior

JohnS

Great - so first thing is to use that image and report what occurs.

John

Clem

I'm using the image provided on the wiki. Debian Linux 3.0.76

jwischka

Quote from: Clem on July 19, 2013, 02:29:42 PM

Have you tried a different image - say, mine?

jwischka

Quote from: Clem on July 19, 2013, 02:44:11 PM
This one ? https://www.olimex.com/forum/index.php?topic=537.0

Not yet, I'll try this week end.

That's the one. FYI there is a version 19 beta at the very end of the thread, but it is a beta, and has a couple of known bugs... but at least it would help to see if that fixes your wifi problems.

JohnS

Quote from: Clem on July 19, 2013, 02:29:42 PM
That's not the official Olimex image is it?

What happens with the official one?

John

ielektros

For me it is a same problem with WiFi. Original Olimex advanced debian image (3.0.52+). Right now I made a new SD card with this image. Without any change (only the 800x480 bin) I checked the syslog.

I builded a female header to the WiFi board. Now is possible to disconnect. If I connect again see the error in syslog.

log:
kernel: usb 2-1.4: new high speed device number 56 using sw-ehci
debian mtp probe: bus: 2, device:56 was not an MTP device
kernel: USB disconnect, device number 56
kernel: unable to enumerate USB device on port 4
???

I haven´t any idea why...

What is really stupid to me, the ethernet adapter also not working properly. The ASIX driver crying many times and this is brake the connection and holding for 10-20 seconds.

debian kernel: asix 2-1.3:1.0: eth2: asix_rx_fixup() Bad RX length / Bad header length

And mostly the board restarting if I try to doing one update upgrade. But at the downloading time I never arrived to the install point. Yesterday I get this board and all issue still from the first minute. Brrrr.

JohnS

If it's failing with Olimex recommended image then at last they have the data they asked for and can try to provide a fix I expect.

Over to them...

John

pete_l

Quote from: olimex on July 19, 2013, 08:13:48 AM
it would be great when you report these issues to clarify which software image you are using, with the image on our wiki which we distribute we never encounter such behavior
Please allow me to help you out there.
Here's the output of ifconfig -a I got after a few minutes of trying to do an apt-get update
lo        Link encap:Local Loopback 
          LOOPBACK  MTU:16436  Metric:1
          RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
          RX bytes:0 (0.0 B)  TX bytes:0 (0.0 B)

tunl0     Link encap:IPIP Tunnel  HWaddr   
          NOARP  MTU:1480  Metric:1
          RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
          RX bytes:0 (0.0 B)  TX bytes:0 (0.0 B)

wlan7     Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 44:33:4c:62:93:84 
          inet addr:192.168.1.39  Bcast:192.168.1.255  Mask:255.255.255.0
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:1158 errors:0 dropped:6716 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:406 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
          RX bytes:566756 (553.4 KiB)  TX bytes:39962 (39.0 KiB)

The board is an A13 OLinuXino-Wifi that I received in the post ths morning. The Debian is the one that came on the micro-SD card that came preloaded from Olimex and the power supply is the 5V 2A one that they sell.
The (open) wifi router is approximately 10 feet from the board and can be reached with my Galaxy-Tab2 showing 3 bars out of 4 for WiFi strength.

[updated on Saturday, after playing around with adding a RTL8192cu wifi dongle to another USB port - same issue: dropped packets ]
Just a thought. I've noticed that uname -a reports Linux Debian 3.0.52+ However there seem to be very few  modules listed in /lib/modules/3.0.52+ The only wireless networking one being bcm4330.ko Whereas under the 3.0.42+ tree there is one for the rtl8187 which seems to be the device used by the on-board Wifi.