[IMAGE] A13(-WIFI) Debian (now Ubuntu) + xfce flashable (Updated: 08 Mar: R18)

Started by jwischka, December 17, 2012, 06:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwischka

Quote from: maurosk on January 17, 2013, 05:39:38 PM
Yes i know this, but your kernel is good, it need just ethernet mod.. i try to recompile my own kernel, but it isn't good like yours, that's why i want to recompile yours :D

Let me boot into Linux and check...

jwischka

Quote from: maurosk on January 17, 2013, 05:39:38 PM
Yes i know this, but your kernel is good, it need just ethernet mod.. i try to recompile my own kernel, but it isn't good like yours, that's why i want to recompile yours :D

Adding various usb support as a module. Recompiled, rebuilding, updating, and will re-upload.

maurosk

jwischka

leo

Quote from: jwischka on January 17, 2013, 05:54:20 PM
Adding various usb support as a module. Recompiled, rebuilding, updating, and will re-upload.

Or just send him your .config  ;)
Even with a new kernel he needs the kernel sources to build the asix module against it.

jwischka

Quote from: leo on January 17, 2013, 06:00:51 PM
Quote from: jwischka on January 17, 2013, 05:54:20 PM

Or just send him your .config  ;)
Even with a new kernel he needs the kernel sources to build the asix module against it.

I built all the modules. I'll try to tar the lot up, in addition to doing another full blown image with updated goodies...

maurosk

Ekkehard

Yup - I'll second that motion.  Would be a shame if we all had to re-invent the wheels that jwischka has already invented AND trued so beautifully :-)  For starters, a .config file would be much appreciated.

Taken care of - you guys are just too fast for me :-)

And yes, ASIX Electronics is the manufacturer of chip that's in my Ethernet adapter (SABRENT NT-USB20) as well.

jwischka

Quote from: Ekkehard on January 17, 2013, 06:08:44 PM
Yup - I'll second that motion.  Would be a shame if we all had to re-invent the wheels that jwischka has already invented AND trued so beautifully :-)  For starters, a .config file would be much appreciated.

Taken care of - you guys are just too fast for me :-)

And yes, ASIX Electronics is the manufacturer of chip that's in my Ethernet adapter (SABRENT NT-USB20) as well.

Link to kernel/modules/firmware
.config

Will update with a new image soonish.

jwischka

R5 released.

Get current version (R5) here.

Updated kernel with usb networking support as modules, updated packages.

Ekkehard

So let me put this straight:

• Yesterday afternoon I started to evaluate a new processor board
  • I put on a nicely packaged piece of OSS, but ran into a problem
  • I posted the problem here on this forum the same evening - turns out, I was asking for an unsupported feature - so, in my book, a wish, not a bug report
  • The very next morning the author of the OSS posts a new release with the wish included, that actually works (minor detail - I know)
  • What do I call that?  Freaking A-M-A-Z-I-N-G

Yes, jwischka, you are freaking A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!  Can't thank you enough!!!!  You saved me oodles of time!!

atal

Hello guys,
I have here A13 and I cannot successfully login into system. I prepared SD card with your R5 system. No problem, after power up the kernel start and then I am prompted to insert username/password in console. But when I enter olinuxino/olinuxino then there is flashed very quickly welcome text "...ABSOLUTLY NO WARRANTY, etc" and then the screen is cleared and I see just login prompt again (debian login:).

Do you have any advice how to solve this my problem? I tested two 4GB SDcard with my coleague for sure, but same trouble. Basic Debian system without X from your website I have successfully tested with 2GB SDcard - login and using system in console without problems. VGA monitor is used. 

Jaromir

jwischka

Have you tried the R4 image? If not, can you? I didn't fully test the R5 card, so there may be something up. Unfortunately there is no power at my building right now, so I can't test it for you. :/

Quote from: atal on January 18, 2013, 02:43:14 PM
Hello guys,
I have here A13 and I cannot successfully login into system. I prepared SD card with your R5 system. No problem, after power up the kernel start and then I am prompted to insert username/password in console. But when I enter olinuxino/olinuxino then there is flashed very quickly welcome text "...ABSOLUTLY NO WARRANTY, etc" and then the screen is cleared and I see just login prompt again (debian login:).

Do you have any advice how to solve this my problem? I tested two 4GB SDcard with my coleague for sure, but same trouble. Basic Debian system without X from your website I have successfully tested with 2GB SDcard - login and using system in console without problems. VGA monitor is used. 

Jaromir

atal

Thanks for your fast reply. We tested R4 with same troubles yesterday.