Setting up your own SMT production
We deal with electronic boards design and assembly for more than 25 years. During this time we got lot of experience.
If you want to start your own electronic board assembly send us your ideas/requirements and budged you have to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will advise you what you need to set your production.
SMT assembly equipment you need to start
- Reflow oven
- Solder paste printer
- Pick and Place machine
- AOI inspection machine
- Transport conveyors
Sure you can solder SMT components with your soldering iron, but this is slow process, you can do many mistakes and you need stady hands and good eyes. Also this is most expensive way to assembly SMT components.
To speed up soldering you can use batch reflow oven, where you print the solder paste and place all components then put the board in the batch oven and it solders all components at once, this is good for prototypes, for small production conveyor reflow oven is better option.
We have hot air gun soldering irons (prices in range EUR 50-100), small batch reflow ovens (price from EUR 300-500 up to 1500) and conveyor oven both used and new for sale (used start from EUR 3000, new are EUR 9 000 and up).
Solder paste printer is the second equipment you should buy after the reflow oven. We sell new manual stencil printers
We have few used semi automatic printers (price EUR 3000-5000) and full automatic printers (price EUR 15 000 for used, EUR 35 000 new)
Pick and place is the third machine you need to buy, many people think they should buy first but p&p machine is useless if you have no already reflow and printer. These may be small manual pick and place machines which assist human to place components, the advantage is they are low cost, the disadvantage is that humans do lot of mistakes, if the PCBs are small and have no many components, this approach is good and one employee can place as much as 1500 components per hour, but if the board have lot of components on many positions the productivity will decrease and in the morning boards may come perfect but afternoon when the eyes are already tired there may be lot of scrap boards. We can offer manual pick and place machines starting from EUR 1500, few full automatic used machines costing EUR 5000-10 000. We can also offer you new modern, high speed SMT pick and place machines from Samsung at very competitive prices lower than official dealer prices. For these machines we can offer also installation, training, spare components, service.
AOI (automatic optical inspection) machine is necessary when you have volume production and want to have top quality. This machine will make sure all your boards are assembled with no errors.
Conveyors are at least they speed up the board transfer between the different machines.
Used Equipment we have for sale
During the years we got some SMT assembly equipment which we do not use anymore as we upgraded to newer faster and more efficient assembly machines.
These are sitting now in the corner collecting dust, but if one wants to establish small SMT production we can sell this old equipment at very good prices, so he could start SMT production on budged.
Here below is list of what we have for sale, if one needs more info I can send pictures, info and pricing:
- Philips CSM84 pick and place machines 3 pcs, we have 100 8mm feeders for these, complete documentation
- Contact System 3 pick and place machine 1 pce
- Autotronik BS391V1-V pick and place machines 2 pcs
- Placement area: 660 x 365 (LxW) mm
- Placement speed: up to 4000 cph (IPC9850)
- Vision on the fly system with one incorporated camera for alignment of components from 0201 up to 16x14 mm
- Upward Vision System for alignment of larger components up to 38x38 mm ICs, 0.5 mm pitch
- Built-in Camera System with auto Fiducial Mark Learning
- Maximum 160 8 mm feeder positions (without conveyor). With conveyor – up to 96 8 mm feeder positions
- Two Feeder Racks, each one for up to 48 8 mm feeders
- Smart Feeder ID Function for fast set-up and easy operation
- PC with TFT monitor
- Windows Operating Software
- KFTA-08 – 8mm Smart Tape Feeder (4mm pitch) 80 pcs
- KFTA-08HS – 8mm Smart Tape Feeder (2mm pitch, for 0201 and 0402 components) 3 pcs
- KFTA-12E – 12mm Smart Tape Feeder 8
- KFTA-16E – 16mm Smart Tape Feeder 8
- KFTA-24E – 24mm Smart Tape Feeder 5
- KFTB-4 Universal Vibratory Stick Feeder with 20 slots (for maximum 20 sticks, each one 8mm in width)
- Semi automatic printer EKRA
- Semi automatic printer EKRA
- Reflow Oven Ersa Ersaflow 3