POE Extraction and passtrough to ESP32-POE-ISO

Started by Symonn, April 09, 2020, 11:48:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Symonn

Hi guys! i need to get out from PoE cable 1A of power in order to drive some LCD Displays and leds, i've digged around and i've found some interesting POE extractor that can fit my requirements (like the RT9400), basically, what i need is:

• Extract power from POE Lan cable in order to use and drive my LCD Displays and led devices
  • At the same moment, reuse (with another female RJ45 female port - J2-OUT) the same POE and data to power up and use a olimex ESP32-POE-ISO device

It can work? do you have some advices?

Thanks

LubOlimex

I wonder if J2-OUT is still PoE or just Ethernet without powering capabilities.

We have some similar extractor called MOD-PoE-V2: https://www.olimex.com/Products/Modules/Ethernet/MOD-POE-V2/

PoE enters, you can extract up to 2A at 5V, then just Ethernet without PoE leaves.

Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

Symonn

Thanks for the product recommendation LubOlimex, but my idea i want to simply put J2-OUT in parallel of J1-IN.

So, basically, J1-IN has a branch that will come to RT9400 PoE Extraction module, and J2-OUT will go to the ESP32-POE/ISO.

As you can see, i've only wired a part of the total H2019 transformers.

I'm not sure if it will work for two main causes:

• Because the TD and RD transformers will not used
  • I don't know what can happen when the two devices will negotiate the POE power supply, the RT9400 is a class 0 signature device

This is the main block logical idea:

Thanks!