A13 Board resolution problem.

Started by Faruk, November 15, 2018, 12:18:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnS

How/why was it easy on the RPi / why will the same code not work?

The answers may help you!

I suppose the other question is why not just use the RPi? :)

John

Melange

Quote from: Faruk on November 19, 2018, 08:11:13 AMI need play video and transparent shape. This video and shape should run on console(Same Rpi's hello_pi code).

The Allwinner SoCs have an increasingly good linux mainline support, that's where you need to look.

Currently there's work being done to reverse engineer the hardware accelerated video encoding and decoding for Allwinner SoCs, including the A13. Please see here:

http://linux-sunxi.org/Sunxi-Cedrus

As for the players they've tested it with I am not sure but it looks like they all require X11, but please check for yourself. I see no problem in hardware decoding into the framebuffer (meaning directly to console without X11 like omxplayer), no idea if that's been done.

Apparently Cedrus will go into the next mainline Kernel release 4.20.

However you will have to learn how to build your own linux kernel for your board, that's your first goal. It's fun! :)

Faruk

Quote from: JohnS on November 22, 2018, 02:21:13 PM

Actually omxplayer do this, no need to write code. Just install omxplayer and run :) I searched this: Should I do this by typing code in olimex or should I use a player(vlc, mplayer)? 

Faruk

Quote from: Melange on November 23, 2018, 12:24:24 PM
Quote from: Faruk on November 19, 2018, 08:11:13 AMI need play video and transparent shape. This video and shape should run on console(Same Rpi's hello_pi code).

The Allwinner SoCs have an increasingly good linux mainline support, that's where you need to look.

Currently there's work being done to reverse engineer the hardware accelerated video encoding and decoding for Allwinner SoCs, including the A13. Please see here:

http://linux-sunxi.org/Sunxi-Cedrus

As for the players they've tested it with I am not sure but it looks like they all require X11, but please check for yourself. I see no problem in hardware decoding into the framebuffer (meaning directly to console without X11 like omxplayer), no idea if that's been done.

Apparently Cedrus will go into the next mainline Kernel release 4.20.

However you will have to learn how to build your own linux kernel for your board, that's your first goal. It's fun! :)

I saw sunxi-Cedrus. I hope I can solve how it works:) Also I run vlc player on console but I think, vlc when decode code slow down and display resolution so bad. I hope will solve this problems :)

JohnS

Quote from: Faruk on November 26, 2018, 08:56:14 AM
Quote from: JohnS on November 22, 2018, 02:21:13 PM

Actually omxplayer do this, no need to write code. Just install omxplayer and run :) I searched this: Should I do this by typing code in olimex or should I use a player(vlc, mplayer)?
Why not use omxplayer then?

John

Faruk

[/quote]
Why not use omxplayer then?

John
[/quote]

Researches show omxplayer is special to raspberry. So I didn't try use omxplayer on A13. But you are right maybe someone use omxplayer. Again research. Maybe overlook.