A13 Board resolution problem.

Started by Faruk, November 15, 2018, 12:18:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faruk

Hello

I have Olinuxino A13 wifi board and I use with monitor. But Olinuxino has just 800x480. I couldn't new resolution. I found video, document but resolution not change. How can I change resolution (i.e. 1920x1080 or 1280x720).?

Regards

Faruk

Yes absolutely. Thank you so much. Acctually I have a lot question and I want to ask one. I logout on olimex and I saw LXDE, default Xsession, Openbox. What is these? What is the difference itselves? I examined but I couldn't understand. Just saw LXDE is 'root'. I want project but I don't know where I should start for this? Which I should use? Thanks :)

JC

Those are the desktop environments currently loaded onto that system. GNOME is another popular desktop environment, for example. LXDE is a popular stripped-down desktop environment where all the default applications require relatively few system resources to run. Openbox technically isn't a desktop environment at all but is actually just a window environment. An X server and not a whole lot else. In the standard configuration, you may run commands in a terminal and see the graphical output. This is the working environment I use myself because it is extremely customizable and requires very few system resources to operate.

Faruk

I understand. My problem this: I am new this platform. Actually I am new in world of linux. So sometimes I need help of system and prepared program. Because I don't have deep information about linux. And I need time to able do something. I will search some and I will decide for desktop. Thanks your information :)

Faruk

Does A13 has omxplayer? Can I use it?

JohnS

A web search shows it is specifically for RPi, so if that is right then no.

John

Faruk

Yes I saw but I wanted be sure. Because I am so new this subject.

Actually I work for a project. I need play video and transparent shape. This video and shape should run on console(Same Rpi's hello_pi code). I did on Rpi with omxplayer and openmax library. I did play video and run some text and shape(I use hello_font code). And I controlled transparent(I think Aliasing) of this shape Without using x11(or any desktop). I don't know how can I do this on Olinuxio A13 board.

I search Gstreamer and VPU now. I want use GPU because otherwise the CPU so sweat. Any different suggestion on this subject?

Faruk

Doesn't no one know? how should I take a path. I don't expect anyone do my work. Just I need suggestion.

JohnS

Seems to me you probably ask in the wrong place.

You want to know about something that Olimex did not make: either Linux or the CPU chip (VPU/etc).

John

Faruk

Thanks for your reply. I think should search more.

JohnS

Your problem may be that you appear to have very unusual, very specific, wishes.

(Which to me sound weird/bizarre.)

John

Faruk

Yes I know. My purpose is to use only console mode. I want play video and play audio in console. Actually this is not weird(I think):)

JohnS

I'm not sure whether it is but your wishes as stated - to use VPU for example - do seem odd and may mean finding any help is hard.  In that case, read the source!

John

Faruk

I am trying. I hope, it is be done. Actually it so easy on Rpi. I thought it might be easy on A13.