[IMAGE] A13(-WIFI) Debian (now Ubuntu) + xfce flashable (Updated: 08 Mar: R18)

Started by jwischka, December 17, 2012, 06:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlyCom

Could you provide me some information how I can recompile the kernel for your image? And where I can get the kernel source?

For example in R19 I just uploaded new image, configured the wlan and no other software was running but the connection is dropped every few seconds when I try to use for example wget method. yestreday I had the same issue with R18 but today I uploaded the new image and my application is working without any issues but I need more tests.

jwischka

Quote from: SlyCom on October 25, 2013, 06:57:40 PM
Could you provide me some information how I can recompile the kernel for your image? And where I can get the kernel source?

For example in R19 I just uploaded new image, configured the wlan and no other software was running but the connection is dropped every few seconds when I try to use for example wget method. yestreday I had the same issue with R18 but today I uploaded the new image and my application is working without any issues but I need more tests.

There are several tutorials in the forum about compiling a kernel, which include instructions on how to get the source.

What happens when you load R19 and simply try to ping google?

SlyCom

There is no results if using ping. But when using the wget it starts download and after few seconds slows down and stops. Often it then drops the connection.

jwischka

Quote from: SlyCom on October 25, 2013, 07:04:16 PM
There is no results if using ping. But when using the wget it starts download and after few seconds slows down and stops. Often it then drops the connection.

If there is no result using ping, then you don't have a connection at all, and wget should not work.

Have you tried connecting to a different router?

SlyCom

Not yet but today I'm going to do this.

I installed the watchdog using (apt-get install watchdog). Do you think that it will work in case of hangs the board?

P.S.
Can I use your configuration of R18 to recompile the kernel?

jwischka

Quote from: SlyCom on October 25, 2013, 07:14:32 PM
Not yet but today I'm going to do this.

I installed the watchdog using (apt-get install watchdog). Do you think that it will work in case of hangs the board?

Depends on why the board is hanging. I would work on trying to figure that out. A watchdog should be a last resort, not a planned operation.

SlyCom

Yes I know don't plan to use watchdog but the board will work far away.

P.S.

jwischka

Quote from: SlyCom on October 25, 2013, 07:19:32 PM
Yes I know don't plan to use watchdog but the board will work far away.

P.S.

Yes, though there may still be things broken in the most up-to-date source.

SlyCom

I will play little a bit with the configuration. I will let you know if I found something. The configuration file can be found in kernel folder. Is that right?

jwischka

Quote from: SlyCom on October 25, 2013, 07:22:53 PM
I will play little a bit with the configuration. I will let you know if I found something. The configuration file can be found in kernel folder. Is that right?

Yes.

jwischka

Quote from: Fluxxy on October 25, 2013, 08:13:03 PM
Hi,
Touchscreen working in R19 image?

I'm not sure - I don't have one to test out.

If you can, please try and report back.

SlyCom

Hi,

Strange behavior but the board is working now except sometimes hangs. I couldn't find a source of the problem. It looks like the board and wifi module is very sensitive (I used another device close to the board) maybe this is an issue.

Jwischka,
I know this is not a thread about compilation but I appreciate if you can help me. I'm trying to compile the uboot, kernel and use Linaro ubuntu rootfs. I did similar steps as in
https://www.olimex.com/wiki/Build_Bootable_SD_Card_with_Debian#Write_Uboot_and_Kernel_you_build
but with no success.

Inserted ther prepared card and have following message:

U-Boot SPL 2013.10-rc2-08400-g8a4621c (Oct 28 2013 - 05:14:01)
Board: A13-OLinuXino
DRAM: 512 MiB
CPU: 1008000000Hz, AXI/AHB/APB: 3/2/2
spl: not an uImage at 1600
spl: not an uImage at 80
### ERROR ### Please RESET the board ###

jwischka

I know this is going to sound basic, but have you checked your SD card to make sure that the uImage file is on the first partition of the file? It looks like (as a first step) the board isn't seeing it.

Quote from: SlyCom on October 29, 2013, 12:22:20 PM
Hi,

Strange behavior but the board is working now except sometimes hangs. I couldn't find a source of the problem. It looks like the board and wifi module is very sensitive (I used another device close to the board) maybe this is an issue.

Jwischka,
I know this is not a thread about compilation but I appreciate if you can help me. I'm trying to compile the uboot, kernel and use Linaro ubuntu rootfs. I did similar steps as in
https://www.olimex.com/wiki/Build_Bootable_SD_Card_with_Debian#Write_Uboot_and_Kernel_you_build
but with no success.

Inserted ther prepared card and have following message:

U-Boot SPL 2013.10-rc2-08400-g8a4621c (Oct 28 2013 - 05:14:01)
Board: A13-OLinuXino
DRAM: 512 MiB
CPU: 1008000000Hz, AXI/AHB/APB: 3/2/2
spl: not an uImage at 1600
spl: not an uImage at 80
### ERROR ### Please RESET the board ###