Beginner -- trouble to program a duinomite maximite - with pickit3 clone - linux

Started by Ybernisson143, October 21, 2013, 11:19:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ybernisson143

Hello,

i am using a linux ubuntu 12.04 with MPLAB X IDE v1.90. on the hardware side i have a pickit3 clone (sure electronics) and a duinomite maximite (https://www.olimex.com/Products/Duino/Duinomite/DUINOMITE/open-source-hardware), also i have an small adaptator from elabguy.com to connect the programmer and my board.

it is the first times i am trying to program this board and it is my first time with this kind of board also. when i try to upload an .hex MPLAB IPE i get this message :

Connecting to MPLAB PICkit 3...
Firmware Suite Version.....01.29.08
Firmware type..............PIC32MX

Target device was not found. You must connect to a target device to use PICkit 3

i have checked the connection between my board and the programmer seem to be alright. the board is powered with an standard AC adaptator on 9V, and the option in the software to power the board throught the programmer is unchecked. LED1 and LED2 are turn on. The good micro is selected in the software. I thought my microcontroler by whatever reason could be broken but when i plug the board in usb to my computer and try a LSUSB in a terminal i get that :

Bus 006 Device 006: ID 15ba:0033 Olimex Ltd.

So it let me thinks something is running . I have done some researches on this forum and my board's documentation,microchip's forum, and naturally google but i can't figure out what is wrong it is probably very easy or i maybe misunderstood something...

Any help is very welcome,

thanks.

Ybernisson143

Hi all,

i have solved the problem : i need to use the cable between my programmer and the first bit of the elabguy  adapater in the other way round : not according to the foolproof.

regards,