Armbian Buster and Bionic with 5.7.y

Started by igorpec, June 20, 2018, 12:12:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

baffo32

Quote from: igorpec on February 19, 2020, 07:28:25 PMBump. Updated to 5.4.20

(mine seems to have some troubles with a keyboard, so I could not test, but we got reports its working)

igorpec so you know, I've just installed this via sd card and it looks wonderful but there is no desktop.  xfce has no icons or panels.

EDIT: igor resolved my issue on the armbian forums at https://forum.armbian.com/topic/14042-olimex-teres-latest-bionic/

igorpec

linux for ARM development boards
www.armbian.com

d3f

Thanks for the update, any idea how to get the audio working?

Regards,
Lazar

d3f

I managed to get the audio working.

First, asound.state should be updated under /var/lib/alsa. You can get it from here.

Second, on the alsamixer sun50i-a64-card audio card, there is a DAC that needs to be unmuted(if you unmute DAC Reverse, it also works, I don't know the difference).

Third, Line out is the mixer controlling the speakers, and Headphones is the mixer controlling the headphones but by default the audio jack is acting as serial output.

I found that GL9 pin should be 1 in order to get the audio through the jack. I have created bash script to set it up after login because I am not sure how to add it during uboot. 

#!/bin/bash

echo 361 > /sys/class/gpio/export
echo "out" > /sys/class/gpio/gpio361/direction
echo 1 > /sys/class/gpio/gpio361/value
echo 361 > /sys/class/gpio/unexport

I am using DWM and following xorg.conf

Section "Device"
Identifier "Lima"
# MatchDriver "sun4i-drm"
Driver "modesetting"
Option "PrimaryGPU" "true"
Option "HWCursor" "false"
Option "SwapbuffersWait" "true"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
  Identifier  "Monitor0"
  Option      "DPMS" "false"
EndSection

Section "ServerFlags"
  Option "AutoAddGPU" "off"
  Option "BlankTime" "0"
  Option "StandbyTime" "0"
  Option "SuspendTime" "0"
  Option "OffTime" "0"
EndSection

I manage to get it 600 fps on glxgears. Youtube on 480p doesn't drop frames.

Regards,
Lazar

binutzu

Hi,

i was wondering if someone else experiences this behavior.

After upgrading to version 21.02.1 i have the annoying situation that Teres refuses to start after power on. I believe it is still bootloader phase when it powers off right away.

As of writing,when i tried again, the battery was 54%. It only boots if i plug the power supply. After that it runs fine. I am not using the laptop extensively so it is not a thorough test.

Any pointers? Armbian specifics?

Thanks

binutzu

Quote from: binutzu on February 25, 2021, 03:41:14 PMAfter upgrading to version 21.02.1 i have the annoying situation that Teres refuses to start after power on. I believe it is still bootloader phase when it powers off right away.

I reinstalled Armbian on SD and using it since weeks.
I can say two things:
- the automatic shuttting /power down could have been related, most probably, to enabling audio via gpio and using the asound.state as explained by Lazar. But i would need to try it out again  to be sure.
- if i try to use Armbian after running the Olimex (1.5) image (for things like bluetooth/HDMI), i have problems starting it if only on battery.

binutzu

Quote from: d3f on November 12, 2020, 08:43:22 PMI am using DWM and following xorg.conf

Do you have the possibility or did you try to use the HDMI output on Armbian? The feature list mentiones it but does not work for me. My display is not detected in Armbian but works fine from Olimex v1.5 image.

Regards,
Florin