Msp430 lp-t jtag "campt connect to programmer"

Started by Exciter, February 11, 2016, 12:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Exciter

Hey, got a parallel Port msp430 jtag Interface but i cannot get it to work.
Using it on an think pad t41, but when i select lpt1 in Olimex software, connect the programmer and Click for example "read" I always get "cannot connect to programmer".
Regardless if it's physically connected or not.
Will it just work when it's wired to target?

Regards Steffen

LubOlimex

Hey,

Try to adjust different options for the LPT port in the BIOS. Sometimes LPT ports are set to non-standard addresses and options. Test to enable ECP Mode, set the DMA to 3, the IO to 0x378, etc.

I suppose you are testing this under Windows XP, correct?

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

Exciter

I think i have tried all kind of settings, but none worked...
Im currently using Windows-XP. Im sure the port works fine since I have tested it with a simple I/O Tool and a Multimeter, reading its Pin status.
What message should I get, if I have only connected the programmer to parallel port and click for example "read" without target board???

LubOlimex

Hey,

We test MSP430-JTAG with Windows XP and our programmer software. Your software setup seems similar enough. Note that the "Olimex MSP430 Programmer" is not the most reliable software tool - I did some tests today with MSP430-JTAG and target MSP430F2274 and initially I clicked "READ" and I received similar error to yours. Then I clicked "Blank Check" and it worked. After that I clicked "Read" again and it worked again. In comparison IAR EW for MSP430 worked every time.

I'd recommend you to test all buttons of the interface (Blank Check; Verify).

Then test with another tool that uses MSP430.dll v2 (remember to replace the dll with the one provided by Olimex).

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex