Docker image for kernel building

Started by Cougar, June 06, 2015, 08:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cougar

Hi,

Some times ago I built a Docker image that I used to build a kernel for iMX233-OLinuXino-MAXI. Because it took good amount of time to get everything right I would like to share this information here too.

The container is based on minimal Arch Linux container. The latest kernel I built was 3.18.13 and after weeks of testing I haven't found any problems so far.

I patched device tree description of this kernel based on information I found here. It could be that for other kernel versions, this patch needs to be changed. This patch also includes static description of MOD-RTC real time clock.

You can find the container here: https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/droid4control/olinuxino-kernel/.

There is also instruction how to run it and build your own kernel. Two pre-set configuration files are also included. One is for NFS boot that can be used for rapid testing. MOD-RTC is also built into the kernel and with this module kernel gets right time information already during bootup.

Any feedback is appreciated. Fork GitHub repo and submit pull requests for any changes you would like to see in this container.

Cheers,

--
Cougar

swahren

Hi Cougar,

you did a good job. I suggest to use Kernel 3.18.15 which includes the LED polarity and USB mode fix.

Stefan