Getting MSP430-JTAG-ISO-MK2 working stand alone

Started by raykeefe, November 13, 2012, 09:13:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raykeefe

I have a client who has purchased 2 of the MSP430-JTAG-ISO-MK2 devices to use as stand alone programmers for a factory in China.  I am assisting them to get the programming working.

Having read through the documentation and put an OPJ file together for the application we can't get the unit to program a device. It will show the OPJ file but when we open it it then says it cannot find the project. We have the .txt file in the same directory and the name is correct.

Here is the OPJ file conent I put together based on the example from the documentation.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<ISO_V2>
<!--Device ID-->
<!--Device interface – JTAG,SBW,AUTO-->
<!--Device voltage 2700-3600 mV-->
<!--Device main base address-->
<!--Device info base address-->
<Target Id="57" IF="AUTO" Vt="3000" MainBase="0xFFC0" InfoBase="0x1000"/>
<!--Presave calibration data - 0/1 disbale/enable-->
<!--Erase device - 0/1/2 disbale/sectors/mass-->
<!--Blank check device - 0/1 disbale/enable-->
<!--Programming device - 0/1 disbale/enable-->
<!--Verify device - 0/1 disbale/enable-->
<!--Blow device - 0/1 disbale/enable-->
<!--File name-->
<Programming PresaveCal="1" Erase="2" Blank="1" Write="1" Verify="1" Blow="0" File="China.txt"/>
<!--Serializing enable - 0/1 disbale/enable-->
<!--Serial number format – HEX,BDC-->
<!--Serial number endian – LE,BE32,BE8-->
<!--Serial number size - 1:4 bytes-->
<!--Serial number start address-->
<!--Serial number-->
<!--Last serial number-->
<SN Enable="0" Format="HEX" Endian="LE" Size="0" Addr="0x0" Count="0" Last="0"/>
<!--Sections preserve-->
<Section>
<!--Section start address-->
<!--Section size-->
<Entry Start="0x0" Size="0x0"/>
</Section>
</ISO_V2>

I removed the comments at the end and I assume I can also remove the <!...> lines once I get the format correct. I was not able to find another reference to how to format the OPJ file. Is there a standard?

I then tried creating a new OPJ file but at the point where I try and read from the chip it just reverts to the base menu.

Now I'm not sure what to try next. Has anyone else had success with the unit in this mode?

Ray

LubOlimex

Hello Ray,

First of all note you need the latest version of the firmware! There was a bug which prevented from proper reading in previous versions. Please refer to this forum post: https://www.olimex.com/forum/index.php?topic=140.0

The easiest way to get the example .opj is to read a programmed device in stand-alone mode. That way you will have an .opj created automatically. You can then connect the device in USB mode and examine the .opj.

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX

Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex