May 27, 2024, 09:44:34 PM

Recent posts

ESP32 / Re: Esp32c3-devkit-lipo with b...
Last post by LubOlimex - Today at 03:41:32 PM
Did you check the polarity? One of the common mistakes is using an incompatible with the board battery (with reversed + and - on the connector)? "-" and "+" pins are marked below the connector on the top side.

If you've connected battery with reverse polarity it might have damaged the battery circuit.

Edit: I also checked the manufacturing procedures, there is empirical battery test that each board has to pass.
Last post by sa1003 - Today at 02:24:33 PM
Sorry, maybe Not written clearly. the Batterie doesn't take over-tested with the led and BT-Connection
Last post by LubOlimex - Today at 09:11:50 AM
You can empirically confirm it is working. There are two ways:

1. Easier software but requires some additional hardware - Connect a LED with resistor between a free GPIO and GND, then download code for blinking LED to that GPIO. You can use breadboard and jumper wires.

2. Harder software but doesn't require anything additional - Without anything additional download some WIFI code that allows you to access or ping the board over the WIFI network. Like WIFI server. First confirm it is working over the USB. Then remove the USB and from another device in the same network confirm the connection (or even via the router's panel confirm the IP address associated with the board is still there).
ESP32 / Re: ESP32-POE-ISO ESPHome: wro...
Last post by LubOlimex - Today at 08:11:02 AM
Thanks for sharing. The important part about PoE2 is that it uses ESP32-WROVER chip instead of ESP32-WROOM. Which leads to different Ethernet clock pin compared to ESP32-POE.
ESP32 / Esp32c3-devkit-lipo with batte...
Last post by sa1003 - May 26, 2024, 11:44:21 PM
Hello, First sorry for my unprofessional question - absolute newbie ;)

I want to operate the board with a 2000mAh LiPo battery. I measured correct 4.2V with the multimeter. When i disconnect the usb, there's no power. How can i ensure, hat the battery takes over?

Greetz, Guido
ESP32 / Re: ESP32-POE-ISO ESPHome: wro...
Last post by dhy2k - May 25, 2024, 09:09:14 PM
Thanks everyone - great thread.

I have been trying to get Olimex-POE2 working with ESPHome on ethernet. I've had no problem with the previous POE version, but wanted the POE2 upgrade for the greater power to do door locks etc.

All the standard stuff on the internet & ESPHome didn't want to work for bringing up the ethernet.  Various errors including:

[D][esp-idf:000]: E (368) lan87xx: lan87xx_init(499): wrong chip ID

After a degree of fiddling (and connecting to the POE2 via USB-USB from my Macbook) this is the config that works for ESPHome & the Olimex-POE2.  Just sharing to help anyone else with the same headache :-)

ethernet:
  type: LAN8720
  mdc_pin: GPIO23
  mdio_pin: GPIO18
  clk_mode: GPIO0_OUT
  phy_addr: 0
  power_pin: GPIO12
STMP1 / Re: Olimex STMP1 LIME - Error ...
Last post by Gaƫl - May 24, 2024, 05:16:59 PM
> Using the modified SOM image without the AXP209 support on the LIME2 board would will lead to problems. The boards are different.

Indeed I notice a lot of problems with the SOM image but I was able to see that the startup problem disappeared.

> I can ask our Linux developers to make image for the STMP LIME2 board without AXP209 support (similar to the image we made for the STMP SOM board), however can you describe what interfaces and connectors of the LIME board do you use in your setup?

I never use the HDMI and the LiPo battery connector.
I always use the ethernet interface and MicroSD card connector.
MicroSD cards will be replaced by Flash modules soon.
I often use USB port (for Modbus with RS485 or RS232 converter).
I use CAN bus sometimes.
STMP1 / Re: Olimex STMP1 LIME - Error ...
Last post by LubOlimex - May 24, 2024, 11:45:19 AM
The quick power cycle issue is expected behavior. I can replicate it on every board 100% of the time myself. It can't be fixed completely. There are few workarounds like using a battery or another source of power or disabling AXP209.

Using the modified SOM image without the AXP209 support on the LIME2 board would will lead to problems. The boards are different.

I can ask our Linux developers to make image for the STMP LIME2 board without AXP209 support (similar to the image we made for the STMP SOM board), however can you describe what interfaces and connectors of the LIME board do you use in your setup? Some things will not work without the AXP209 support. I believe the HDMI will not work among others.
UEXT / Re: MOD-IO2 relay opening/clos...
Last post by LubOlimex - May 24, 2024, 08:08:03 AM
We haven't measured it but some minimal delay is expected until the command is recognized by the PIC that issues the trigger. Best idea is to test empirically with small delay and increasing if necessary.
UEXT / MOD-IO2 relay opening/closing ...
Last post by ilario - May 23, 2024, 07:30:46 PM
Is there an estimation of how much is the expected time (milliseconds?) between sending the I2C command for opening/closing the relays and the actual opening/closing?

I am using the relays as part of a measurement system, and I got the doubt I should wait some (how much?) time between changing the relay status via I2C and actually starting a measurement.

Thanks!