need help to make ubuntu 11.10 image from scratch for A13 wifi and A13 Micro

Started by vaishali, February 20, 2013, 02:37:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vaishali

Hi OLIMEX ,

I am completely new to these image making thing.
Actually i want to make ubuntu 11.10 (oneiric ocelot) image for A13 WIFI AND A13 MICRO BOARD.
Does image of A10 work for A13 or not.
Can anyone suggest me a step by step guidance to make image from starting to end.

Thank you in advance.
dinks

JohnS

Start by getting used to building Linux as others have already done.  There are details on here, on Olimex site, their blog and plenty for Linux all over the net.

After that, see if you still want exactly what you asked and if so go for it.

John

jwischka

Quote from: vaishali on February 20, 2013, 02:37:26 PM
Hi OLIMEX ,

I am completely new to these image making thing.
Actually i want to make ubuntu 11.10 (oneiric ocelot) image for A13 WIFI AND A13 MICRO BOARD.
Does image of A10 work for A13 or not.
Can anyone suggest me a step by step guidance to make image from starting to end.

Thank you in advance.

I don't usually say this but... why? Is there something wrong with 12.04, or 12.10?

Your biggest problem is going to be finding an armhf root file system for a version of Ubuntu that old. I know there is some Cortex A9 support (Tegra 2, to be specific), but I wouldn't put a lot of money on the process being at all straightforward.

As John mentioned, there are several dozen "build an SD card from scratch" links here, in the wiki, and on the web. Have you tried following them? If not, start there. If so, what is unclear about them?

Not to be rude, but don't just say "Someone tell me how to do this!" At least put in *some* effort to try it yourself first, and when you get stuck, ask specific questions and people here will probably be much more willing to help you out.