When will be available linux for A13

Started by redfox74, September 14, 2012, 11:44:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HeHoPMaJIeH

Quote from: PeeJay on September 21, 2012, 11:56:09 am
Quote from: HeHoPMaJIeH on September 20, 2012, 03:00:17 pm
Strange, I use 3.4.5 branch and FB Console works fine, try
cat /dev/urandom > /dev/fb0


Nothing. I tried with 3.4.5 and 3.0
Could you post your kernel (uImage) so I can test it?

Sorry for late reply :
http://31.13.212.1/3.0.42.zip this is my kernel image, config and modules

HeHoPMaJIeH

Quote from: viniciusfre on September 21, 2012, 02:56:08 pm
Hi, HeHoPMaJIeH.

Do you run linux from an sd card or from nand?

Is it possible run linux from nand, overwriting the android?

Yes it is, you can use nandpart tool from sunxi-tools repo to partition your nand.
P.S You must uses NAND enabled u-boot version or Allwinner's SDK version :)

PeeJay

Quote from: HeHoPMaJIeH on September 23, 2012, 06:32:16 pm
Sorry for late reply :
http://31.13.212.1/3.0.42.zip this is my kernel image, config and modules


Still didn't work! Is it possible that the version on uboot I'm using is the problem? The one that comes pre-installed has a splash screen, but mine doesn't. I'm using the sunxi branch from https://github.com/hno/uboot-allwinner

HeHoPMaJIeH

Quote from: PeeJay on September 24, 2012, 01:43:03 pm
Quote from: HeHoPMaJIeH on September 23, 2012, 06:32:16 pm
Sorry for late reply :
http://31.13.212.1/3.0.42.zip this is my kernel image, config and modules


Still didn't work! Is it possible that the version on uboot I'm using is the problem? The one that comes pre-installed has a splash screen, but mine doesn't. I'm using the sunxi branch from https://github.com/hno/uboot-allwinner

Try this http://31.13.212.1/debian_2g.tar.bz2 , debian 2G image, copy it to uSD with DD :
dd if=debian_2g.img of=/dev/sdX, where X is you uSD card.
user: root
pass: password

PeeJay

I think I might have figured it out - it's the script.bin file that uboot uses. I tried a different one and now I get occasional flickering on the screen so that's a start. Where does that file actually come from? I can't find one specifically for the A13.

HeHoPMaJIeH

Quote from: PeeJay on September 24, 2012, 03:27:12 pm
I think I might have figured it out - it's the script.bin file that uboot uses. I tried a different one and now I get occasional flickering on the screen so that's a start. Where does that file actually come from? I can't find one specifically for the A13.

Try this :
http://31.13.212.1/script.bin
p.s don't forget to remove script0.bin :)

PeeJay

That was it, worked first go!! Thanks a lot! ;D ;D

HeHoPMaJIeH


HeHoPMaJIeH

Quote from: PeeJay on September 25, 2012, 11:08:58 am
That was it, worked first go!! Thanks a lot! ;D ;D

Can you tell me the resolution that you getting from monitor using this config ?

PeeJay

I think it's 800x480, That's what it is set to in the kernel source.

vinifr

September 26, 2012, 11:36:47 pm #25 Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 11:47:48 pm by viniciusfre
What is the file system used in the debian_2g.img?

HeHoPMaJIeH

Quote from: viniciusfre on September 21, 2012, 02:56:08 pm
Hi, HeHoPMaJIeH.

Do you run linux from an sd card or from nand?

Is it possible run linux from nand, overwriting the android?

hi,
it's possible to run linux from nand. You can download this image :
http://31.13.212.1/sun5i_linux_a13-evb.img and upload it to device with livesuit.
Keep in mind this is testing image :)
user : root
pass : password

Please send some feedback :)

vinifr

Quote
Try this http://31.13.212.1/debian_2g.tar.bz2 , debian 2G image, copy it to uSD with DD :
dd if=debian_2g.img of=/dev/sdX, where X is you uSD card.
user: root
pass: password

I am runing linux in sdcard for the time being. But i am trying this image too(sun5i_linux_a13).

I tried to mount debian_2g.img, but I could not. I tried ext3,ext4, ... i got: "bad file system". What is the correct file system this image?

jwischka

Quote from: HeHoPMaJIeH on September 27, 2012, 09:44:10 am
Quote from: viniciusfre on September 21, 2012, 02:56:08 pm
Hi, HeHoPMaJIeH.

Do you run linux from an sd card or from nand?

Is it possible run linux from nand, overwriting the android?

hi,
it's possible to run linux from nand. You can download this image :
http://31.13.212.1/sun5i_linux_a13-evb.img and upload it to device with livesuit.
Keep in mind this is testing image :)
user : root
pass : password

Please send some feedback :)


A couple of questions:

1) Does this still require an update to uBoot? If so, is there a pre-built image that's available, as the link on the hno github for pre-builts does not seem to be working.

2) Is there any way to update the uBoot without a UART cable? If I'm reading the instructions on your wiki correctly, it seems as though the answer is no, but I wanted to make sure.

Thanks

HeHoPMaJIeH

Quote from: viniciusfre on September 27, 2012, 07:43:48 pm
Quote
Try this http://31.13.212.1/debian_2g.tar.bz2 , debian 2G image, copy it to uSD with DD :
dd if=debian_2g.img of=/dev/sdX, where X is you uSD card.
user: root
pass: password

I am runing linux in sdcard for the time being. But i am trying this image too(sun5i_linux_a13).

I tried to mount debian_2g.img, but I could not. I tried ext3,ext4, ... i got: "bad file system". What is the correct file system this image?

This is a RAW image, you can burn it to 2G uSD or you can build your own using instructions provided by hno and amery :)
If you want to resize image mount it in loop device, and use uSD creating instructions