ESP32-EVB - Flasihing from Mini USB Adapter

Started by Ruppie, January 20, 2018, 05:31:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruppie

Hello, i asöways got an error message when i try to flash the code to the board.

What are the correz settings if the pot is detected as COM 5 on my Windows 10 System.
Waht must the string for the Serual flash settings look like.?

Marc

Ruppie

Hello;
Acccording to my System Device Manager, my COM Port is COM5.

I am using Windows10, and according to a hint ypo can check your port by connecting / disconnecting from USB
, while typing "ls /dev/tty*" into the Msys2 MinGW terminal:

I have noticed that my Settings for the serial flash tool port are: "/dev/tty  /dev/ttyS4"

In the end i got the following error message:

"serial.serialutil.SerialException: could not open port '/??/COM5': WindowsError(                                                                                                                                                                                               3, 'Das System kann den angegebenen Pfad nicht finden.') --> "System can't find the Path"

Any ideas why this happens and how to fix ?

Greatings Marc

LubOlimex

This doesn't seem to be related to the hardware or the driver of ESP32-EVB.

Probably Msys2 MinGW installation or the settings are incorrect. It can also be relatated to lack of administration privileges when running CMD under Windows 10.

Try changing "/dev/tty /dev/ttyS4" to /COM5 as suggested here: https://github.com/espressif/esp-idf/issues/30

Maybe the port is busy, try changing the COM port number from Windows Device Manager.

Try running all software as administrator.
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

Ruppie

@LubOlimex

Problem solved: Iguess the promlem was not to start "as administrator".

Thanks ;-)