Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: MOD VGA initial working  (Read 1024 times)

MOD VGA initial working
« on: January 04, 2017, 01:59:37 PM »
I have recently purchased the Olimexino 328 and MOD VGA 32MB for a project.
I have problems with using the MOD VGA board. Things that I have done are as listed below.

1. Connected the Olimexino board to PC, set voltage as 3.3V, Connected MOD VGA shield, connected UEXT connector between the two.
2. I installed Arduino 1.8.0. Configured the Gameduino library as told in the webpage.
3. I ran some Blink example. It runs successfully in Olimexno board. The LED is blinking at the time I have set.
4. Whatever example I select from File>Examples>Gameduino> is not working at all.
The gameduino examples sketches compile and uploads also. But I dont get any update on my monitor, or keyboard or headphone.

Is there any settings to be done for out of the box running?
Is there a procedure to test the board so that I can locate the problem?
Can you help me on how to rectify this easily.
The board is just out of the box, and I suspect there might be a problem in the board itself. Is there any way to replace the board?

• Global Moderator
Re: MOD VGA initial working
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 01:49:21 PM »
I believe the demo is written with the idea of connecting MOD-VGA directly over OLIMEXINO-328 using the Arduino shield connectors! Please test without using the UEXT cable – just connect MOD-VGA over OLIMEXINO-328 and test again! The orientation is simple –> the UEXT ports of both boards should be pointing in the same direction.

The UEXT port and cable in MOD-VGA’s package are provided only for the cases where the board doesn’t have Arduino shield connector (but then, typically, you can’t use the Arduino library).

Best regards,
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex