April 27, 2024, 08:32:09 PM

Ethernet on e-mega?

Started by planetcooler, November 25, 2012, 06:54:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

planetcooler

Has anyone made any progress on using Ethernet via BASIC  on the e-mega? I  really don't want to get into the C-level example that is provided.  I don't need anything fast - just simple. eg populate a web page with some data and access it via ethernet?  Any help much appreciated. Was main reason for purchasing this board.

planetcooler

Quote from: planetcooler on November 25, 2012, 06:54:46 PM
Has anyone made any progress on using Ethernet via BASIC  on the e-mega? I  really don't want to get into the C-level example that is provided.  I don't need anything fast - just simple. eg populate a web page with some data and access it via ethernet?  Any help much appreciated. Was main reason for purchasing this board.

Looks like a few readers and no answers - which probably means that nobody is using the onboard Ethernet very much. Has anyone had more success using serial - to ethernet with this Board? Guess the serial commands could be easy to do in BASIC ?

tk

I don't suppose you got anywhere with this ? I have the same problem and all the searching boils down to the Ethernet support would be too large to add to DM or MM BASIC.

What could be handy if some other (less required) functions could be removed to fit the Ethernet module in !

Mine is still sitting in it's box, I will probably switch to 'C' once I have MPLAB working and learnt 'C'. I just wish Olimex didn't advertise this with BASIC and then I would not have purchased it !

olimex

there is TCP-IP tack demo code which runs on eMega in C

yoyo027

Hello,

I've tried to write a simple C program with tcpip stack using only ping and socket server.
Everything was ok. You've got to know that tcpip stack is a big memory consumer.
For only ping and one socket server, my program needs 40Ko of RAM.
If you want to activate HTTP server plus MMBasic, I'm afraid it won't be possible to do it without disabling functionalities (video part for example)...