[IMAGE] A13(-WIFI) Debian (now Ubuntu) + xfce flashable (Updated: 08 Mar: R18)

Started by jwischka, December 17, 2012, 06:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwischka

Quote from: Ekkehard on July 27, 2013, 05:33:24 AM
OK - tried it out - same result using R19 beta...

However, I found the problem - it was mine!!  I had used tzselect to select the time zone, which works fine but not system wide.  So cron does not know about my local time zone changes, even though I put the setting of the TZ variable into /etc/profile.  I should have used

sudo dpkg-reconfigure tzdata

to select the correct time zone instead.  Only this program modifies /etc/localtime correctly to reflect the proper local time zone.  With that mod, cron works perfectly in R19.  I'm going back now to R18 and my full configuration - I'm sure it will work fine there too.  I will switch to R19 once I got everything working.

Thanks for your help anyways!

Glad you got it working

SlyCom

Hi,

I'm still using R18 version. How I can use I2C in JAVA with RXTX library or other?
The i2c tool is working fine but when I use rxtx in Java I have followinf available ports:
ttyUSB0 (USB to serial converter FTDI)
ttS0 (I guess its console).

jwischka

Quote from: SlyCom on July 27, 2013, 12:24:50 PM
Hi,

I'm still using R18 version. How I can use I2C in JAVA with RXTX library or other?
The i2c tool is working fine but when I use rxtx in Java I have followinf available ports:
ttyUSB0 (USB to serial converter FTDI)
ttS0 (I guess its console).

I've only tried to do this in python, and never on the A13. I might start a separate thread and see if anyone has suggestions.

Ekkehard

I'm trying to get my stuff working under R19 beta to get rid of the error messages in syslog that I get under R18, but I keep getting this error message:

perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
perl: warning: Please check that your locale settings:
        LANGUAGE = (unset),
        LC_ALL = (unset),
        LANG = "en_US.UTF-8"
    are supported and installed on your system.
perl: warning: Falling back to the standard locale ("C").
locale: Cannot set LC_CTYPE to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_MESSAGES to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_ALL to default locale: No such file or directory

Any idea what causes it?  It happens in a lot of system programs run under sudo.  Looks like some Perl directory isn't there?  Anybody else having that problem?  Should I try re-installing Perl?

Ekkehard

One more thing:

build-essential is not installed in R19 beta by default.  If it is intentional, that's OK, of course.  Just didn't want it to get dropped by accident.  I think it was in R18.

jwischka

Quote from: Ekkehard on July 31, 2013, 08:08:31 PM
One more thing:

build-essential is not installed in R19 beta by default.  If it is intentional, that's OK, of course.  Just didn't want it to get dropped by accident.  I think it was in R18.

It was. I'll add that to the next release.

jwischka

Quote from: Ekkehard on July 31, 2013, 07:37:58 PM
I'm trying to get my stuff working under R19 beta to get rid of the error messages in syslog that I get under R18, but I keep getting this error message:

perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
perl: warning: Please check that your locale settings:
        LANGUAGE = (unset),
        LC_ALL = (unset),
        LANG = "en_US.UTF-8"
    are supported and installed on your system.
perl: warning: Falling back to the standard locale ("C").
locale: Cannot set LC_CTYPE to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_MESSAGES to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_ALL to default locale: No such file or directory

Any idea what causes it?  It happens in a lot of system programs run under sudo.  Looks like some Perl directory isn't there?  Anybody else having that problem?  Should I try re-installing Perl?

The problem, I believe, is that the location settings aren't set. I honestly just haven't had time to look into it, but I don't believe it actually causes any problems.

Ekkehard

Oh no - you are right - it does not cause any harm - not to my knowledge anyways.  It's just something that ain't quite right and that catches my attention when I try to figure out what went wrong with my stuff.  When I have it all running, I'll check some more into it.  Will let you know what I find.

Ekkehard

yup - you were right @jwischka.

sudo locale-gen en

fixes the problem. Of course "en" is for the English language only, "de" for German, and so on...

Ekkehard

R19 looks great - it also fixed my problem with the syslog entries that happened every minute.  While I am not paranoid about the write cycles to the SD card, writing to it every minute of every hour of every day may get to it eventually.  Haven't had this problem in R19 ever!  Thanks for R19 @jwischka!!!

One more question: Are the audio drivers in there?  mplayer doesn't create any audio output for me.  Don't need them right now - just curious...

SlyCom

jwischka

Quote from: Ekkehard on August 01, 2013, 12:57:12 AM
R19 looks great - it also fixed my problem with the syslog entries that happened every minute.  While I am not paranoid about the write cycles to the SD card, writing to it every minute of every hour of every day may get to it eventually.  Haven't had this problem in R19 ever!  Thanks for R19 @jwischka!!!

One more question: Are the audio drivers in there?  mplayer doesn't create any audio output for me.  Don't need them right now - just curious...

I think so, but I could have accidentally dropped them. There wasn't a lot of regression testing on this one. I'll check when I get back to my build machine.

SlyCom

dmesg just returns ' usb 2-1.2: new full-speed USB device number 5 using sw-ehci' when I attach USB camera or for example USB-bluetooth dongle.

The lsusb command:
Bus 002 Device 005: ID 046d:092f Logitech, Inc. QuickCam Express Plus
Bus 002 Device 006: ID 0a12:0001 Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode)

jwischka

Quote from: SlyCom on August 05, 2013, 04:01:49 PM
dmesg just returns ' usb 2-1.2: new full-speed USB device number 5 using sw-ehci' when I attach USB camera or for example USB-bluetooth dongle.

The lsusb command:
Bus 002 Device 005: ID 046d:092f Logitech, Inc. QuickCam Express Plus
Bus 002 Device 006: ID 0a12:0001 Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode)

Is the camera UVC compliant?