PIC-WEB: Link Failure - BIT_COUNTER

Started by Humancell, March 04, 2013, 08:41:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Humancell

Hello,

I just got going with the PIC-WEB, downloaded and installed MPLAB IDE v8.89, installed the MPLAB C18 v3.45, and am following the instructions to build the demo app.  Everything goes well, and all files compile, until it goes to link and I get the following error:

Executing: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microchip\mplabc18\v3.45\bin\mplink.exe" /p18F67J60 /l"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microchip\mplabc18\v3.45\lib" "Objects\Announce.o" "Objects\ARP.o" "Objects\AutoIP.o" "Objects\BerkeleyAPI.o" "Objects\Delay.o" "Objects\DHCP.o" "Objects\DHCPs.o" "Objects\DNS.o" "Objects\DNSs.o" "Objects\DynDNS.o" "Objects\ETH97J60.o" "Objects\FTP.o" "Objects\Hashes.o" "Objects\Helpers.o" "Objects\HTTP2.o" "Objects\ICMP.o" "Objects\IP.o" "Objects\LCDBlocking.o" "Objects\MPFS2.o" "Objects\NBNS.o" "Objects\Reboot.o" "Objects\SMTP.o" "Objects\SNMP.o" "Objects\SNTP.o" "Objects\SPIFlash.o" "Objects\SPIRAM.o" "Objects\StackTsk.o" "Objects\TCP.o" "Objects\TCPPerformanceTest.o" "Objects\Telnet.o" "Objects\TFTPc.o" "Objects\Tick.o" "Objects\UART2TCPBridge.o" "Objects\UART.o" "Objects\UDP.o" "Objects\UDPPerformanceTest.o" "Objects\CustomHTTPApp.o" "Objects\CustomSNMPApp.o" "Objects\MainDemo.o" "Objects\BerkeleyTCPClientDemo.o" "Objects\BerkeleyTCPServerDemo.o" "Objects\BerkeleyUDPClientDemo.o" "Objects\Gen
ericTCPClient.o" "Objects\GenericTCPServer.o" "Objects\PingDemo.o" "Objects\SMTPDemo.o" "Objects\UARTConfig.o" "Objects\SPIEEPROM.o" "Objects\My_Functions.o" "Objects\Custom_I2C.o" "Objects\Custom_I2C_Low.o" "Objects\Custom_MOD-IO.o" /u_CRUNTIME /u_DEBUG /z__MPLAB_BUILD=1 /z__MPLAB_DEBUG=1 /m"Output\PIC-WEB Demo.map" /w /o"Output\PIC-WEB Demo.cof"

MPLINK 4.46, Linker
Device Database Version 1.11
Copyright (c) 1998-2011 Microchip Technology Inc.
Error - could not find definition of symbol 'BIT_COUNTER' in file 'Objects\Custom_I2C_Low.o'.
Errors    : 1

I can not find where BIT_COUNTER is defined, and so I am unable to update the include paths to reference the file.

Can anyone assist me in finding where I have missed something?

Thanks!

Scott

Humancell

I did find one file in the C18 compiler where the BIT_COUNTER appears to be defined ... swgtci2c.c

I'm now confused about where this gets compiled, my guess is into the p18f67j60.lib?  But now I can't quite figure how this gets referenced to link to the project.

Please ... help!  :-/

LubOlimex

Hey Humancell,

Sorry for the delay, we were attending Embedded World 2013.

You are using too new version of the compiler. Please use 3.40 one.

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

Humancell

Hello,

Thank you for the reply ...

Where and how can I get the v3.40 compiler?  I am looking everywhere, but they only seem to allow for "upgrade" downloads?

Can you point me at a URL or forum instructions?

Scott

Humancell

Hey!

I found a link on the web ( http://www.eedesignlabs.com/pic-mplab-installation/ ) to download the C18 Compiler Lite v3.40 ... and got it.  I installed, and it built perfectly!

Thanks!

LubOlimex

Hey Scott,

Glad you got it going!

Best of luck,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

Jorgos

Hi Lub,

it would be a good idea to adapt the source at the new version of the compiler - and not vice versa.
I got the same problem and wasted two days!

Your hint was helpful, now I have success building the demo project.

Also thanks at Humancell for posting the link!

Greetings
Jorgos