powerlan unreacheable while charging

Started by binutzu, September 02, 2020, 10:12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

binutzu

Hello Olimex and users,

every time i charge my Teres-I at home (i tried various sockets) my powerlan stops working and the computers connected to it become unreachable. As soon as i disconnect Teres from the charger i can ping again the powerlan connected machines.

I know power chargers and other electrical appliances may cause problems to powerlan networks - but you know, in my household it only happens with Teres ...

What could be the reason for disturbing the powerlan?

I thought to try out another power supply, for example a USB (3A) one together with an adapter cable (USB to coax). What is the exact coax plug dimension i need to look for? What are the chances of solving my issue?

Thanks in advance

LubOlimex

Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

binutzu

Thanks for the information.

I was wondering if the compatible power adapter offered now by Olimex as spare part is a newer/different version than the one i already have? I bought my kit right after the launch in 2017.

olimex

Hi
if you can locate 5V 3A adapter which do not affect your powerlan, the easiest way is to cut the TERES-I adapter cable and to solder it to the new adapter
Tsvetan

binutzu

I can confirm that using another power supply solved my problem and the battery charges fine.
Fortunately, no cutting: found a cable with USB and coax connectors and used a USB power supply.