March 28, 2024, 01:26:53 PM

Driver for STM32-H405

Started by JonnyFischer, July 24, 2018, 04:16:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonnyFischer

We are using the STM32-H405 as a VCP-Board with the VCP_V1.3.1 and VCP_V1.4 Driver. We now do have the problem that the USB device description is corrupted under Windows 7 under certain conditions.

With an installation of these drivers under Windows 10 the problem is worse. Doesn anybody have a suggestion for a different driver or solution to this problem.

Would like to attach files showing the device description under Windows 7 as generated by USBTreeView but option was missing....

LubOlimex

Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

JonnyFischer

Did try the 1.5.0 driver which worked well, sometimes, on one computer and 'not at all' on another. When reading the USB Device Description with USDTreeView the error case was due to a corrupted device description. While USBTreeView is able to access the device to read data it, is not possible for an application to access the board via stm32102-driver. The device is shown as corrupt in the Windows DeviceManager and USBTreeView, usually with the message: ConfigDescriptor 1 Error : ERROR_CRC.

JonnyFischer

On DeviceMananger Level you get an Windows Code 31 Error, advice by MS, although for our case the device in the Windows DeviceManager is shown working properly:

Code 31 "This device is not working properly...(Code 31)"

Full Error Message
This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

Recommended Resolution
Reinstall the device driver using the Hardware Update wizard

From Start, search for device manager and select Device Manager from the results.
    Right-click the device in the list.
    On the menu that appears, choose Update Driver to start the Hardware Update wizard.

Note You may be prompted to provide the path of the driver.  If you are asked for the driver and you do not have it, you can try to download the latest driver from the hardware vendor's website.

LubOlimex

Okay so the driver is the latest one. But did you follow the instructions for manually running dpinst_xYY (depending wheter 32 bit or 64 bit OS) in C:\Program Files\STMicroelectronics\Software\Virtua­l COM Port Driver\ ?

What about the source code loaded on the STM32-H405? Is it good VCP firmware loaded? Maybe try different and recently updated VCP code, there are such examples in IAR, Rowley Crossworks for ARM, etc...
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

JonnyFischer

Yes, did follow the instructions well, I made a deinstall with driver-SW-erase of the previous driver before installing the new driver with adequate attributes, i.e. 64bit and windows 7, to make sure Version 1.5.0 is installed though this one comes with a 1.3.1 in the driver details.
About the SW on the controller board, I don't have any idea but it's used in the house with a lot of different set up's working.
I am the first to use the board in conjunction with an FTDI-Controller and this is where the problems became severe.
By protocoling on both USB-Interfaces with some USB-Sniffer I can say that there is no direct interference on both channels in communication. The interface problem melts down to a corrupted USB Device Description for the STM-Driver with the windows error message ConfigDescriptor 1 Error : ERROR_CRC.
This error disappears in case of unplug and replug of the device USB connection. If plugged in again it is possible to read the Windows Device Description by USBTreeView and the device is shown in the display without any error. But trying to access the device with my application will be aborted by error, it seems the system description still holds the error message.