iMX233-OLInuXino SD card image with WIFI RTL8188CU support

Started by olimex, December 05, 2012, 02:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

olimex

just uploaded on the iMX233 WIKI page so you can download and make your own card.

idragoev

Hi,
I've tested the new image and it seems to work. I also managed to make it use static IP instead of dhcp. However, when the board is restarted, the WiFi does not work and I have to "ip link set wlan0 up" in order to make it run. We are using OlinuXino Micro with WiFi dongle.

Is it possible on boot to start the wlan0 automatically? Also If I unplug and then plug the WiFi dongle it will be nice to start the network automatically according to the saved file configuration. How can we do that?

Cheers,
Ivan

tjtj

Hello,

The rar file contains a .img file. THis is around 2GB file whereas the default sd card that comes with the olinunxino board is also 2 GB. Will I be needing a rootfs image?

Is there any instructions available to use this image to create a bootable SD card.

bsrdjan

Hello,

per Installation instructions here http://archlinuxarm.org/platforms/armv5/olinuxino, I created the bootable SD card, by dd the image to /dev/sdb (in my case).

The card works but the df does not show the boot image mounted, is that correct?

I would like to try the 3.* kernel. Can someone please describe how to copy that kernel to SD card created this way?

Thanks and regards
srdjan

Christian Jann

At the moment I'm using exactly that image and a 3.7.0-rc3 kernel.

This is a complete SD card image with 3 partitions, that means you don't have to partition your SD card manually, just dd the image to the card:

[chris@thinkpad Downloads]$ sudo dd if=imx233_kernel_2.6_ARCH_FS_WIFI.img of=/dev/mmcblk0

Later you can use gparted to move the swap partition and resize the root partition if your SD card is bigger than the image.

http://www.jann.cc/2012/08/23/building_a_kernel_3_x_for_the_olinuxino_from_sources.html#prepare-the-sd-card

joost

Thank as lot for creating and posting this image. Now I have wifi working very fast!

But with this image I am not able to build my program. This is a simple c application that uses libcurl. When I try to build it I get problems with GLIBC.

/usr/lib/gcc/armv5tel-unknown-linux-gnueabi/4.7.2/../../../libcurl.so: undefined                                                                                                                                                              reference to `clock_gettime@GLIBC_2.4'
/usr/lib/gcc/armv5tel-unknown-linux-gnueabi/4.7.2/../../../libcurl.so: undefined                                                                                                                                                              reference to `pthread_join@GLIBC_2.4'
/usr/lib/gcc/armv5tel-unknown-linux-gnueabi/4.7.2/../../../libcurl.so: undefined                                                                                                                                                              reference to `pthread_detach@GLIBC_2.4'
/usr/lib/libcrypto.so.1.0.0: undefined reference to `dladdr@GLIBC_2.4'
/usr/lib/libcrypto.so.1.0.0: undefined reference to `dlsym@GLIBC_2.4'
/usr/lib/libcrypto.so.1.0.0: undefined reference to `dlclose@GLIBC_2.4'
/usr/lib/gcc/armv5tel-unknown-linux-gnueabi/4.7.2/../../../libcurl.so: undefined                                                                                                                                                              reference to `pthread_create@GLIBC_2.4'
/usr/lib/libcrypto.so.1.0.0: undefined reference to `dlerror@GLIBC_2.4'
/usr/lib/libcrypto.so.1.0.0: undefined reference to `dlopen@GLIBC_2.4'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

When I try to update the system I get conflicts with updating glibc. I have seen postings on internet how to fix that (https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/DeveloperWiki:usrlib) But it doesn't work.

Can someone tell me how to fix this?

Joost

pvillads

I got the image installed on the SD card, but I cannot see any processes started to support the wireless? In dmesg

I see Linux version 2.6.34-6-ARCH+ (kiril@plug)

Is this the right version? What did you do to get connected to the wireless? I normally use the interfaces file and the wpa_supplicant.conf file, but I do not see an interfaces file. On other ARCH systems I remember using netcfg(?) Please advise.

BR Peter

pvillads

Can you be more specific about how to set it up? Any help is appreciated: There is a guide on the Wiki, but it assumes stuff that is not installed on the image mentioned in this thread, like iwconfig. Without that, I do not see how it would work.

When I do a lsusb, I see the wireless adapter, but when I do lsmod I do not see any wireless drivers. What is wrong? Before I get this to work, I cannot really start using the board for what it was intended to do, since I have to use SSH on it, since the console does not work. Very annoying indeed.

BR PV