March 29, 2024, 01:04:45 AM

LiPo connector compatibility

Started by nbrunner, August 17, 2016, 04:43:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nbrunner

I have bought BATTERY-LIPO1400mAh and found that the connector is not compatible with JST male connector (the ridge of the battery connector is too large). The connector should be compatible with JST or the description in the product page should be changed with the right connector type.

JohnS

Puzzled... the battery I got looks to have a male JST and fits a female connector OK.

Now wondering what you got!

John

nbrunner

If your male connector is flexible (like the one used on olimex board) it will plug but if the connector is rigide, it won't plug.

JohnS

It's fitted the few boards where I've tried it.  Sounds like you just need the correct matching connector!

John

nbrunner

With a JST S2B-PH-SM4-TB connector (rigid), the olimex battery can't connect.
With a JST S2B-PH-K-S connector (flexible), the olimex battery can connect.

After replacing the olimex battery connector with a JST PHR-2, i can connect it to both.
When i measure the ridge width of the olimex battery connector, i get 0.84 mm instead of 0.64 mm for JST PHR-2.

JohnS

I shall waste no time in using that data.

John

hoijui

i want to make my own battery pack, and thus was also looking for which connector i would need (in my case, for the A10-olinuxino-lime). not being an electronics pro, i have to say, it was quite difficult to find out which is the right one. i wish the manual would state the connector type in more detail. is there a way for me to submit patches to the manual? is it open source/free too? that would be nice!

for the record, the connector is JST-PH 2.0mm 2-pin (the board has female, the battery needs male).
to buy, i recommend searching for any of these:
"JST-PH 2.0mm 2-pin"
"JST-PH 2.0 2-pin"