MSP430-JAG-Tiny-V2 Freezes starting Debug Session

Started by risenanti, June 14, 2016, 06:36:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

risenanti

I"m trying to program a msp430F6635 with the MSP430-JAG-Tiny-V2. I'm using Code Composer Studio 6.1.1 and whenever I start the debug session I get stuck on the configuring Debugger dialog box. I've let the box run for 20 minutes with no change.

I've updated the driver for the Jtag-Tiny and have replaced the original MSP430.dll in the Debug Server folder.

I'm running Windows 7 64 Bit.

LubOlimex

Hey,

It seems that you do everything as you should. The target also seems supported in the latest firmware. Also I've used MSP430-JTAG-TINY-V2 successfully with Code Composer Studio 6.1.2 under Windows 10 x64 without any problems. You can see my test from today here: http://i.imgur.com/tHHOyMa.jpg

I wonder if the problem can be related to the drivers or the driver installation. Maybe the drivers are blocked by the "Driver Signature Enforcement"? Also test if you can program the target using "OLIMEX MSP430 Programmer" software instead of CCS, this would show if the drivers are ok. Note that you have to replace the dll file in the installation folder with the latest one (2.0.0.7) again and you would also need to add memory configuration for MSP430F6635 in olidev.ini (so MSP430F6630 would be available in the target selection menu of the tool).

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex