Olimex driver directory structure

Started by garylevan123, April 14, 2016, 10:53:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garylevan123

Downloading drivers for Windows 10: After disabling enforce driver signatures, and downloading the new drivers, my unzip program unzipped files leaving them in the /downloads directory. I found the existing Olimex drivers directory \Program Files (x86)\IAR Systems\Embedded Workbench 7.3\430\drivers\
I copied the new extracted directory of files to the drivers directory. There are now two different Olimex folders in the IAR\drivers directory. What is required? How will Olimex find the right drivers? Why aren't instructions better?

LubOlimex

Hey,

You don't have to copy the drivers in the IAR EW driver folder, you have to copy the firmware files (.dll) to the IAR EW "bin" folder.

First disable "Driver Signature Enforcement" and then install the drivers. The drivers have to be installed manually - from "Windows Device Manager" - right-click over the device entry and select to "Update Driver Software". In the next screen chose the bottom option "Browse my computer for drivers software" and point to the folder with the drivers.

Finally copy the dll files to IAR EW folders (should be placed in C:\Program Files (x86)\IAR Systems\Embedded Workbench 7.3\430\bin). Ensure that the .dll files are version 2.0.0.7.

You can use the instructions for installation in chapter "2.5 First time start-up" of this document (the driver installation for TINY-V2 is similar to ISO-MK2): https://www.olimex.com/Products/MSP430/JTAG/MSP430-JTAG-ISO-MK2/resources/MSP430-JTAG-ISO-MK2.pdf

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex