March 28, 2024, 11:53:55 PM

PIC32-HMZ144 updates

Started by firestARTer, March 11, 2015, 02:39:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firestARTer

Hi There,

first, i am very happy that you released the pic32mz dev-board, i was waiting for a long time :)
I just saw the latest updates and found out that they are changings and a Rev C is being made. And of course i received a rev B board.
Is it usable anyway (for evaluation) or do i need to patch it for sure?

Also, the download link with the testsoftware is not working correctly.

Thanks, and keep up the good work!

Thomas

jkinkennon

My Rev B board seems to have a stable clock, at least for now.  I sure won't be changing out any parts unless that changes.  I'm running a number of the MPLAB-X Harmony demos and have only needed to change the primary oscillator type to 'HS' as the Microchip PC32MZ Starter Kit (which the demos are configured for) uses a resonator instead of a conventional crystal.  Anyway, that level of soldering is beyond my skills, equipment, and eyesight.

The board is new so I am certain that demo software and a user guide will follow shortly.

firestARTer

I got the board also running with rev b and the delivered demo code. But it seems that it doesn't always start up properly. So sometimes i have to press reset additionally.

Since there is a 24Mhz crystal on the Rev B board i had to change to the following settings in 'system_init.c'

/*** DEVCFG2 ***/
#pragma config FPLLIDIV =   DIV_3
#pragma config FPLLRNG =    RANGE_5_10_MHZ
#pragma config FPLLICLK =   PLL_POSC
#pragma config FPLLMULT =   MUL_100
#pragma config FPLLODIV =   DIV_4
#pragma config UPLLFSEL =   FREQ_24MHZ
#pragma config UPLLEN =     ON

Gonna update to the 12Mhz series. I guess that will fix the problem.

testtest2

Hi,

I am trying to test the PIC32_HMZ144_demo that is included for the PIC32-HMZ144.
I am installed the last software: MPLABX-V3.00, xc-1.34 and harmony v1_04_02.
The PIC32_HMZ144_demo (https://www.olimex.com/Products/PIC/Development/PIC32-HMZ144/open-source-hardware) is developed with Harmony 1.00v. When I trying to use the MPLAB Harmony Configurator I get the following output log:

"Local project .hconfig file not found.  Automatically replacing with: C:\microchip\harmony\v1_04_02\utilities\mhc\config\harmony.hconfig
Searching for initial hconfig file: C:\Users\Vitor\Desktop\PIC32_HMZ144_demo_v1\Project\apps\Demo\firmware\PIC32-HMZ144.hconfig
Search succeeded...
Default configuration file: C:\Users\Vitor\Desktop\PIC32_HMZ144_demo_v1\Project\apps\Demo\firmware\src\system_config\default\default.mhc
Writing C:\Users\Vitor\Desktop\PIC32_HMZ144_demo_v1\Project\apps\Demo\firmware\src\system_config\default\default.mhc
Finished writing C:\Users\Vitor\Desktop\PIC32_HMZ144_demo_v1\Project\apps\Demo\firmware\src\system_config\default\default.mhc
".

My issue is when I try to compile after generate the files for syncronize the harmony versions in MPLAB Harmony Configurator:

"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microchip\xc32\v1.34\bin\xc32-gcc.exe" -g -x c -c -mprocessor=32MZ2048ECG144 -ffunction-sections -O1 -I../src -I../src/system_config -I../src/system_config/default -I../../../../framework -I../../../../framework/driver/sdcard -I../../../../framework/driver/spi -I../../../../framework/driver/spi/src -I../../../../framework/driver/spi/src/dynamic -I../../../../framework/driver -I../../../../framework/system/clk -I../../../../framework/system/clk/src -I../../../../framework/system/common -I../../../../framework/system/devcon -I../../../../framework/system/devcon/src -I../../../../framework/system/fs -I../../../../framework/system/fs/fat_fs/src/file_system -I../../../../framework/system/fs/fat_fs/src/hardware_access -I../../../../framework/system/int -I../../../../framework/system/ports -I../../../../framework/system -I../../../../framework/driver/tmr -I../../../../framework/system/tmr -I../../../../framework/driver/usb -I../../../../framework/usb -I../../../../framework/driver/usart -I../../../../bsp/pic32mz_ec_sk -I../../../../../../../../../microchip/harmony/v1_04_02/framework -I../src/system_config/default/framework -MMD -MF build/default/production/_ext/1777522894/sys_devcon.o.d -o build/default/production/_ext/1777522894/sys_devcon.o ../../../../../../../../../microchip/harmony/v1_04_02/framework/system/devcon/src/sys_devcon.c
../../../../../../../../../microchip/harmony/v1_04_02/framework/system/devcon/src/sys_devcon.c:379:74: error: expected ')' before 'pwrMode'
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microchip\xc32\v1.34\bin\xc32-gcc.exe" -g -x c -c -mprocessor=32MZ2048ECG144 -ffunction-sections -O1 -I../src -I../src/system_config -I../src/system_config/default -I../../../../framework -I../../../../framework/driver/sdcard -I../../../../framework/driver/spi -I../../../../framework/driver/spi/src -I../../../../framework/driver/spi/src/dynamic -I../../../../framework/driver -I../../../../framework/system/clk -I../../../../framework/system/clk/src -I../../../../framework/system/common -I../../../../framework/system/devcon -I../../../../framework/system/devcon/src -I../../../../framework/system/fs -I../../../../framework/system/fs/fat_fs/src/file_system -I../../../../framework/system/fs/fat_fs/src/hardware_access -I../../../../framework/system/int -I../../../../framework/system/ports -I../../../../framework/system -I../../../../framework/driver/tmr -I../../../../framework/system/tmr -I../../../../framework/driver/usb -I../../../../framework/usb -I../../../../framework/driver/usart -I../../../../bsp/pic32mz_ec_sk -I../../../../../../../../../microchip/harmony/v1_04_02/framework -I../src/system_config/default/framework -MMD -MF build/default/production/_ext/1777522894/sys_devcon_pic32mz.o.d -o build/default/production/_ext/1777522894/sys_devcon_pic32mz.o ../../../../../../../../../microchip/harmony/v1_04_02/framework/system/devcon/src/sys_devcon_pic32mz.c
make[2]: *** [build/default/production/_ext/1777522894/sys_devcon.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
nbproject/Makefile-default.mk:535: recipe for target 'build/default/production/_ext/1777522894/sys_devcon.o' failed
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microchip\xc32\v1.34\bin\xc32-gcc.exe" -g -x c -c -mprocessor=32MZ2048ECG144 -ffunction-sections -O1 -I../src -I../src/system_config -I../src/system_config/default -I../../../../framework -I../../../../framework/driver/sdcard -I../../../../framework/driver/spi -I../../../../framework/driver/spi/src -I../../../../framework/driver/spi/src/dynamic -I../../../../framework/driver -I../../../../framework/system/clk -I../../../../framework/system/clk/src -I../../../../framework/system/common -I../../../../framework/system/devcon -I../../../../framework/system/devcon/src -I../../../../framework/system/fs -I../../../../framework/system/fs/fat_fs/src/file_system -I../../../../framework/system/fs/fat_fs/src/hardware_access -I../../../../framework/system/int -I../../../../framework/system/ports -I../../../../framework/system -I../../../../framework/driver/tmr -I../../../../framework/system/tmr -I../../../../framework/driver/usb -I../../../../framework/usb -I../../../../framework/driver/usart -I../../../../bsp/pic32mz_ec_sk -I../../../../../../../../../microchip/harmony/v1_04_02/framework -I../src/system_config/default/framework -MMD -MF build/default/production/_ext/1625450327/sys_ports.o.d -o build/default/production/_ext/1625450327/sys_ports.o ../../../../../../../../../microchip/harmony/v1_04_02/framework/system/ports/src/sys_ports.c
../src/system_config/default/framework/system/clk/src/sys_clk_static.c: In function 'SYS_CLK_PeripheralFrequencyGet':
../src/system_config/default/framework/system/clk/src/sys_clk_static.c:211:24: error: 'SYS_CLK_BUS_PERIPHERAL_1' undeclared (first use in this function)
../src/system_config/default/framework/system/clk/src/sys_clk_static.c:211:24: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
../src/system_config/default/framework/system/clk/src/sys_clk_static.c:214:24: error: 'SYS_CLK_BUS_PERIPHERAL_2' undeclared (first use in this function)
../src/system_config/default/framework/system/clk/src/sys_clk_static.c:217:24: error: 'SYS_CLK_BUS_PERIPHERAL_3' undeclared (first use in this function)
../src/system_config/default/framework/system/clk/src/sys_clk_static.c:220:24: error: 'SYS_CLK_BUS_PERIPHERAL_4' undeclared (first use in this function)
../src/system_config/default/framework/system/clk/src/sys_clk_static.c:223:24: error: 'SYS_CLK_BUS_PERIPHERAL_5' undeclared (first use in this function)
../src/system_config/default/framework/system/clk/src/sys_clk_static.c:226:24: error: 'SYS_CLK_BUS_PERIPHERAL_7' undeclared (first use in this function)
../src/system_config/default/framework/system/clk/src/sys_clk_static.c:229:24: error: 'SYS_CLK_BUS_PERIPHERAL_8' undeclared (first use in this function)
make[2]: *** [build/default/production/_ext/639803181/sys_clk_static.o] Error 1
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microchip\xc32\v1.34\bin\xc32-gcc.exe" -g -x c -c -mprocessor=32MZ2048ECG144 -ffunction-sections -O1 -I../src -I../src/system_config -I../src/system_config/default -I../../../../framework -I../../../../framework/driver/sdcard -I../../../../framework/driver/spi -I../../../../framework/driver/spi/src -I../../../../framework/driver/spi/src/dynamic -I../../../../framework/driver -I../../../../framework/system/clk -I../../../../framework/system/clk/src -I../../../../framework/system/common -I../../../../framework/system/devcon -I../../../../framework/system/devcon/src -I../../../../framework/system/fs -I../../../../framework/system/fs/fat_fs/src/file_system -I../../../../framework/system/fs/fat_fs/src/hardware_access -I../../../../framework/system/int -I../../../../framework/system/ports -I../../../../framework/system -I../../../../framework/driver/tmr -I../../../../framework/system/tmr -I../../../../framework/driver/usb -I../../../../framework/usb -I../../../../framework/driver/usart -I../../../../bsp/pic32mz_ec_sk -I../../../../../../../../../microchip/harmony/v1_04_02/framework -I../src/system_config/default/framework -MMD -MF build/default/production/_ext/639803181/sys_clk_static.o.d -o build/default/production/_ext/639803181/sys_clk_static.o ../src/system_config/default/framework/system/clk/src/sys_clk_static.c
nbproject/Makefile-default.mk:553: recipe for target 'build/default/production/_ext/639803181/sys_clk_static.o' failed
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microchip\xc32\v1.34\bin\xc32-gcc.exe" -g -x c -c -mprocessor=32MZ2048ECG144 -ffunction-sections -O1 -I../src -I../src/system_config -I../src/system_config/default -I../../../../framework -I../../../../framework/driver/sdcard -I../../../../framework/driver/spi -I../../../../framework/driver/spi/src -I../../../../framework/driver/spi/src/dynamic -I../../../../framework/driver -I../../../../framework/system/clk -I../../../../framework/system/clk/src -I../../../../framework/system/common -I../../../../framework/system/devcon -I../../../../framework/system/devcon/src -I../../../../framework/system/fs -I../../../../framework/system/fs/fat_fs/src/file_system -I../../../../framework/system/fs/fat_fs/src/hardware_access -I../../../../framework/system/int -I../../../../framework/system/ports -I../../../../framework/system -I../../../../framework/driver/tmr -I../../../../framework/system/tmr -I../../../../framework/driver/usb -I../../../../framework/usb -I../../../../framework/driver/usart -I../../../../bsp/pic32mz_ec_sk -I../../../../../../../../../microchip/harmony/v1_04_02/framework -I../src/system_config/default/framework -MMD -MF build/default/production/_ext/822048611/sys_ports_static.o.d -o build/default/production/_ext/822048611/sys_ports_static.o ../src/system_config/default/framework/system/ports/src/sys_ports_static.c
make[1]: *** [.build-conf] Error 2
make: *** [.build-impl] Error 2
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microchip\xc32\v1.34\bin\xc32-gcc.exe" -g -x c -c -mprocessor=32MZ2048ECG144 -ffunction-sections -O1 -I../src -I../src/system_config -I../src/system_config/default -I../../../../framework -I../../../../framework/driver/sdcard -I../../../../framework/driver/spi -I../../../../framework/driver/spi/src -I../../../../framework/driver/spi/src/dynamic -I../../../../framework/driver -I../../../../framework/system/clk -I../../../../framework/system/clk/src -I../../../../framework/system/common -I../../../../framework/system/devcon -I../../../../framework/system/devcon/src -I../../../../framework/system/fs -I../../../../framework/system/fs/fat_fs/src/file_system -I../../../../framework/system/fs/fat_fs/src/hardware_access -I../../../../framework/system/int -I../../../../framework/system/ports -I../../../../framework/system -I../../../../framework/driver/tmr -I../../../../framework/system/tmr -I../../../../framework/driver/usb -I../../../../framework/usb -I../../../../framework/driver/usart -I../../../../bsp/pic32mz_ec_sk -I../../../../../../../../../microchip/harmony/v1_04_02/framework -I../src/system_config/default/framework -MMD -MF build/default/production/_ext/1688732426/system_exceptions.o.d -o build/default/production/_ext/1688732426/system_exceptions.o ../src/system_config/default/system_exceptions.c
make[2]: Leaving directory 'C:/Users/Vitor/Desktop/PIC32_HMZ144_demo_v1/Project/apps/Demo/firmware/PIC32-HMZ144.X'
nbproject/Makefile-default.mk:78: recipe for target '.build-conf' failed
make[1]: Leaving directory 'C:/Users/Vitor/Desktop/PIC32_HMZ144_demo_v1/Project/apps/Demo/firmware/PIC32-HMZ144.X'
nbproject/Makefile-impl.mk:39: recipe for target '.build-impl' failed

BUILD FAILED (exit value 2, total time: 14s)i]".

Can you help me to help me to fix this problem??

thank you