March 28, 2024, 07:59:30 PM

PIC-WEB temperature

Started by marc, November 11, 2012, 04:26:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marc

Hello,

I start with a card PIC_WEB.
I created a web page and loaded with PIC_WEB_5_42.
Temperature displays nothing ... why?

thank you

document.getElementById('temp0').innerHTML = getXMLValue(xmlData, 'temp0');   

(status.xml)
<temp0>~temp~</temp0>

Would you web pages used in WEB PIC board. That proposed in the PIC-WEB files 5.42 or 5.31 not working properly or are not compatible with the card sold
thank you

LubOlimex

Hello Marc,

We haven't encountered a problem like that before. The temperature is visible here. Could you please give me some more info about your test environment?

Add also which revision of PIC-WEB board you have? What browser and operating system you use? Does other components work as expected? Have you modified the code or reprogrammed the board (or it is the initial software the board arrived with)?

If any other customer of PIC-WEB has the temperature missing with the 5.42 example could you please contribute to this thread.

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

marc

Hello,

I have Windows 7 Pro
Internet Explorer 8 and FireFox 16.02 and Maxthon 3
PIC-WEB 2011 Rev.C
I have not yet programateur.
I'm still a beginner.

With a new card

By injecting the sample files PIC WEB_5.42

By injecting the file Prebuilt PIC WEB_5.31)

Having changed the HTML PIC WEB_5.42
With Internet Explorer

with FireFox

Sorry for my english I'm french  ;)
Thank you for your help

LubOlimex

Hey Marc,

It is strange that after the upload of 5.43 stack demo you see the page with Stack Version: v5.00 always. I'm not exactly sure you ever managed to change the hex with newer or different .hex file. Are you sure you import the correct hex and the board is programmed correctly? Check the prebuilt files in PIC-WEB 5.42\TCPIP.

The MPFS generator tool you use is outdated. Please use the newer MPFS.jar I am updating the manual at the moment with proper images. The usual path to the correct tool is _DRIVE_LETTER:\Microchip application libraries\Microchip\TCPIP Stack\Utilities.

I generated the pages a few times for the test and they generated ok here.

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX

marc

Hello Lub,

I have not yet programmer.
I can not update the program hex

With the newer version of the MPFS result is the same.

thank you

LubOlimex

Hey Marc,

Now I see the problem. We sell the boards with stack v5.0 and there is no binary image for the web page. I have uploaded it here: https://www.olimex.com/Products/PIC/Development/PIC-WEB/resources/PIC_WEB_5_00.zip. Use the bin for 5.00 stack.

If you wish to use newer stacks you will need a programmer since some of the variables are defined in the code (not only in the web page). HTTPPrint.h has those variables.

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX

eagleeye

FYI for a quick check, you can also use http://pic-web address/status.xml and
http://pic-web address/protect/status.xml

Allan