Havin some hardware issues..

Started by VinceGeisler, November 25, 2012, 08:48:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VinceGeisler

Ive been buying these iMX boards along with the mod-io boards because they are perfect for running the electrical plant system on our microwave repeaters.
I bought 2 of these iMX boards at the same time, Air rushed them in. then flew to the work site, open my nice new air freighted box and tadadaaa?wtf?  :o

board #1 has connector pins that are not aligned, they are off by 1mm which doesn't sound like much, but when you are trying to plug it into a custom backplane/adapter while wearing gloves and both ports (UExt and the GPIO) are not aligned, its a PITA.. (yea i know boo hoo...  ;D )

The other board, we'll call #2, right out of a sealed package, no usb0 network is detected, until.. you touch the 25 mhz crystal on the outer case (ISD safe procedures ;-), then your get this blurb

[root@Sentry-01 ~]# usb 1-1: new full speed USB device using fsl-ehci and address 2
usb 1-1: device descriptor read/64, error -71
usb 1-1: new full speed USB device using fsl-ehci and address 3
usb 1-1: new full speed USB device using fsl-ehci and address 4
usb 1-1: device not accepting address 4, error -71
usb 1-1: new full speed USB device using fsl-ehci and address 5
usb 1-1: device not accepting address 5, error -71
hub 1-0:1.0: unable to enumerate USB device on port 1

When i put the flash into board #1, it booted fine, network came up. Relays clicked, site happy  8)
so mis aligned pin board I'll have to make work as its the only available "spare"

anyone got any ideas i can try to get board #2 going? (id like to have a hot spare) or is it RMA time?

thanks

V

VinceGeisler

I'll take the chirping crickets to mean no... :-\

Well thats the way the cookie crumbles i guess.. good thing i brought a spare..

olimex

please contact our support@olimex.com and send us pictures, I'm not sure I understand everything you write above, plese bear in mind English is not our native language and have mercy :)
some pictures explaining the problem would be great, no problem to return the boards