New Debian Image - Wishlist

Started by olimex, May 02, 2014, 03:52:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

olimex

Hi
It's time to release new images for the boards and here is what we intend to add:

• SPI support
  • MOD-3G support
  • MOD-WIFI-R5370
  • FTDI support
  • NAND Flash driver enable - you will be able to mount the Flash as disk device
  • USB-BT4 - BLE support - not sure if possible as BLE support is implemented in kernel 3.1x but linux-sunxi have no working 3.1x kernel

please let me know if we miss something
Tsvetan

kathikis

Hello,

i would like subtitle support and hardware acceleration added.
note:hardware acceleration doesn't work OK for me.

Thanks in advance.

PS.i got the A20 board

progmetalbg

• CDC ACM kernel drivers for connecting Arduino compatible boards (like Olimexino) to OLinuXino.
  • USB Serial kernel drivers for USB-Serial-Cable-F (That is probably "FTDI support" in your list).

mikenycz

I like that SPI will be added. Do you have a timeframe for when the SPI supported release will be released for the A13 board?

Mike Nycz

MBR

The green LED should be configured as a heartbeat by default, so when the board is powered without anything attached, the user will know that the kernel (at least) is running. There is a script in A20 Debian image which blinks the LED via the GPIO sysfs interace, but I thing that the native kernel LED driver is much better than a script (it's faster, loads earlier, takes much less memory and scales with the load). All that is required is sopport for the sunxi_led in kernel (enabled by default, IIRC) and the proper config in the FEX script.

This is a part of FEX script, enabling the LED on my A13-MICRO:

[leds_para]
leds_used = 1
leds_num = 1
leds_pin_1 = port:PG09<1><default><default><0>
leds_name_1 = "pg09:green:led1"
leds_trigger_1 = "heartbeat"

Stinde

I would like to have support for USB-DVB-T(2), specially for PCTV nanoStick T2 290e
If possible, it would be nice to have mythTV (or equivalent) backend and/or frontend running on Lime.

Timo

visionimpaired

Hi.
I would like tun support and C-Media drivers for USB sound card.
Thx
V.

shug

Hi
I would like the problem with shutdown+battery to be fixed.
When the battery is attached, I run the shutdown command and the board reboot instead of halting.
I don't know if it is an hardware or a kernel problem.
Thanks !

bubi

Hi,
I would like to have HiDraw enabled in order to support logitech unifying receiver.
Thanks!

maggio

Hi, first post here!  :)

I would like two different images:
1 Minimal Debian server with no GUI
2 Debian desktop

I would like also USB Sound Card support (also in the server image).
Thanks in advance.

PS. I got the A10 Lime board

shug

Hi,
do you think you could include driver for the 5GHz rt5572 based usb wifi dongle?
Thanks !

zolivem

Hi,

I would like hardware acceleration added for the A20 (hardware acceleration doesn't work for me with the image with hardware accelerated video found on the Olimex blog http://olimex.wordpress.com/2014/03/07/building-a20-olinuxino-micro-debian-image-with-hardware-accelerated-video/#comment-12213).
Thanks.

olimex

Quote from: zolivem on May 06, 2014, 05:57:34 PM
Hi,

I would like hardware acceleration added for the A20 (hardware acceleration doesn't work for me with the image with hardware accelerated video found on the Olimex blog http://olimex.wordpress.com/2014/03/07/building-a20-olinuxino-micro-debian-image-with-hardware-accelerated-video/#comment-12213).
Thanks.

the hardware acceleration is only for video playback and supports limited number of formats: MP3 and MP4, if you attempt to play other formats there will be no hardware acceleration
this is immature driver problem and we can't fix it

mauricio

Quote from: shug on May 05, 2014, 06:20:33 PM
Hi
I would like the problem with shutdown+battery to be fixed.
When the battery is attached, I run the shutdown command and the board reboot instead of halting.
I don't know if it is an hardware or a kernel problem.
Thanks !

I woluld also like the shutdown+battery issue solved

mauricio

I would like the inclusion of pl2303 prolific driver. It was necesary to me to build the A13 image to achieve serial communication through usb/serial with an electronic scale

Thanks in advance