Olimex E470 / H407 - SWD interface programmer

Started by PA, September 21, 2012, 06:00:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PA

Hi,

I'm using the St-Link on the STM32VLDISCOVERY board do program the E470 using the SWD interface but it just don't work ... I'm getting the "No target connect" error. I have triple checked all the connections, the board is properly powered, ST-link drivers and Utility are the latest versions (with support to the Z batch of the STM32F4).

Upon initial powering, the red PWR LED and the green PWR LED turn on, so, and according to the Olimex datasheet, the MCU seems to by working.

I have used this same setup (St-Link on the STM32VLDISCOVERY) to successfully program STMF1 and STMF2 MCUs ... and according to the ST datasheets it should work on the STM32F4. 

Does any one had the same problem ?
What interface/programmer are you guys using with the E407/H407 ?

Best regards,
PA

LubOlimex

I just tested the SWD interface of H407/E407 with Segger's JLINK in SWD
mode. It works as it should. Check here for the SWD pinout: http://i.imgur.com/yCvUj.jpg

Furthermore, we haven't had such a complaint before (and STM32xDISCOVERY
boards are quite popular).

If you still haven't made it work I can try to find a STM32VLDISCOVERY and test. Just let me know.
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

PA

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

Probably the problem is with the STM32VLDISCOVERY since it's the older version of STLINK.
I'm going to try with a STM32F4DISCOVERY that has the new STLINK-V2 and I will let you know of the result.

Regards,
Paulo

Quote from: lubolimex on September 24, 2012, 04:55:22 PM
I just tested the SWD interface of H407/E407 with Segger's JLINK in SWD
mode. It works as it should. Check here for the SWD pinout: http://i.imgur.com/yCvUj.jpg

Furthermore, we haven't had such a complaint before (and STM32xDISCOVERY
boards are quite popular).

If you still haven't made it work I can try to find a STM32VLDISCOVERY and test. Just let me know.

PA

Hi again,

Problem solved, as I was expecting the problem was related to the old ST-Link version.
Today I tried to program tre E407 with the STMF4DISCOVERY and everything works perfect.

Thanks,
Paulo

gdisirio

Hi,

Just a note, I am using a standalone ST-Link V1 with the STM32-E407 without problems in both JTAG and SWD modes. Try updating your ST-Link firmware, there is an update utility on the ST web site.

Giovanni

PA

Hi Giovanni,

Yap, I have done that ... I was using the ST-Link provided on the STM32F1DISCOVERY, are you using a ST-Link dongle ?

Regards,
Paulo

Quote from: gdisirio on September 30, 2012, 09:44:27 AM
Hi,

Just a note, I am using a standalone ST-Link V1 with the STM32-E407 without problems in both JTAG and SWD modes. Try updating your ST-Link firmware, there is an update utility on the ST web site.

Giovanni

gdisirio

wilko

Dear All,

I'm trying to do the same thing. I'm wanting to connect the SWD from the STM32F4Discovery to the JTAG port on my E407.

1) I'm concerned about the different Vcc on the two boards.
2) My initial experiment connecting TMS,TCK and GND hasn't worked.

Could you give me a spot of advice about the connections used and if you did any mods, jumper moves etc etc

Cheers,

Adam

wilko

Hurray!

On the STM32F4DISCOVERY, I've removed the ST-LINK jumpers and soldered a short across D3. This has raised the 3V rail to 3.3V. Don't think any damage is being done to the STM32F4DISCOVERY - a quick survey of the devices on the board suggests they are all good for 3.3V. Anyone know why it runs at 3V?

Nothing changed on the STM32-E407.

Wire F4DISCO E407
YELLOW SWD-PIN2 JTAG-PIN9
GREEN SWD-PIN3 JTAG-PIN10+PIN12
ORANGE SWD-PIN4 JTAG-PIN7
PINK SWD-PIN5 JTAG-PIN15

Am able to connect with the STM32 ST-LINK Utility with V2.J15.S0 firmware.