Help needed with ethernet for A20-OLINUXINO-MICRO

Started by vishnuj17, May 12, 2014, 10:24:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vishnuj17

Hi,

I'm a newbie to A20.When i try to interface A20_GPIO using python.. its showing error "Module not found". So I tried to install A20_GPIO package,but is getting into trouble since I'm not getting internet connection to my board which I suspect is since ethernet is not working. As said in the user manual, I enabled the card using the command 'dhclient eth0'. But stil network is not getting connected.

Please help me on this.

Thanks,
Vishnu

MBR

Does your network support DHCP? And is there a connection, at least on link level? (Are the LEDs switch/router/whatever on?)

Lurch

Couby

I also followed the recommanded actions but still have difficulties getting it running after a reboot.

Do we need to execute 'dhclient eth0' at each reboot ?

There is a DHCP in my network and connection was ok in my last attempt.

jlucius

I am always doing

ifconfig eth0 up
dhclient eth0

I donĀ“t know if the first step is needed but when I boot the interface is down. This should be fixed in the image if possible.

Couby

Oki, would it work adding a shell script with that in /etc/init.d ? (sorry I'm a Linux-n00b... :-[)

Couby

Quote from: Couby on June 10, 2014, 01:44:59 PM
Oki, would it work adding a shell script with that in /etc/init.d ? (sorry I'm a Linux-n00b... :-[)

For that, simply edit /etc/network/interfaces (uncomment auto eth0) :
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp

Thank you Guigui for the tip ;).

dmalik

with this confing in /etcnetwork/interfaces no ethernet network !
i use micro sd with a20-lime2_debian_3.4.90_release_2.img.
thanks forr help
dm

Gerrit

the topic is about a A20-OLINUXINO-MICRO is you are using that one or a A20-OLinuXino-LIME then the ethernet will not work with a lime2 image like you are talking about