May 08, 2024, 01:30:29 PM

Recent posts

ESP32 / Re: ESP32-POE: esp_eth_driver_...
Last post by LubOlimex - Today at 10:20:08 AM
I use latest ESP32 package which appears to be version 3.0.0-rc1. Changed the defines of default example at start to:

// Important to be defined BEFORE including ETH.h for ETH.begin() to work.
// Example RMII LAN8720 (Olimex, etc.)
#ifndef ETH_PHY_TYPE
#define ETH_PHY_TYPE        ETH_PHY_LAN8720
#define ETH_PHY_ADDR        0
#define ETH_PHY_MDC        23
#define ETH_PHY_MDIO        18
#define ETH_PHY_POWER      12
#define ETH_CLK_MODE        ETH_CLOCK_GPIO0_OUT
#endif

Also reduced delay at end to 1000:

void loop()
{
  if (eth_connected) {
    testClient("google.com", 80);
  }
  delay(1000);
}

The board I selected is "Olimex ESP32-POE" and then changed PSRAM to enabled. Uploaded and it seems to work fine.
AVR / Re: AVR-ISP MK2 Failed to get ...
Last post by LubOlimex - Today at 08:12:50 AM
It should be some sort of driver issue. libusb-win32 is fine as I've tested previously.

It feels like this same problem: https://www.olimex.com/forum/index.php?topic=5975.0
Last post by LubOlimex - Today at 08:09:56 AM
I will test it again later today and if it works here I will give you instructions on what I use and what I did.

It is important to notice each ESP32-POE2 is tested empirically and the Ethernet is part of the test. Even if there is a problem it is not related to the hardware.

Edit: I found the issue - the board comes with ESP32-WROVER-E module. The information everywhere says it comes with WROOM but upon checking empirically the product it comes with ESP32-WROVER-E-N4R8. This causes two pin difference since WROVER module has PSRAM (and the PSRAM requires two pins extra). This is visible in the schematic top left corner of Ethernet box - now eMAC clock is GPIO0, not GPIO17.
AVR / AVR-ISP MK2 Failed to get inte...
Last post by poporacer - Today at 04:02:25 AM
I have an Olimex AVR-ISP MK2 and I haven't used it in a while and I am now on another computer, and I am getting the above error when I try to apply the settings to read a device  using Atmel Studio 7.0.2594.

I "downgraded" the driver for the debugger to libusb-win32 version 1.2.6.0 Driver date 1/27/2016. In the driver instructions it show a pic of the correct drivers. The drivers for the MK2 match, but the device type does not. The "correct" device type is showing as Atmel USB Devices and mine is showing up as libusb-win32 devices. I don't think the type should matter.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Last post by DirkB19 - May 07, 2024, 09:58:14 PM
Quote from: LubOlimex on May 07, 2024, 08:25:22 AM2.0.14 and  2.0.16 should require nothing extra. If it doesn't work out-of-the-box with  2.0.14 and  2.0.16 then the problem is with the Arduino package installation (it sometimes bugs out when you switch between newer and older versions of packages), this might require full reinstall or manual deletion.

I removed the ESP32 from the boardmanager, then removed ARDUINO IDE app from my PC. Then reinstalled ARDUINO IDE 2.3.2, then added the ESP32 2.0.14 board, then closed Arduino IDE, then re-opened Arduino IDE. THen selected the ETH_LAN8720 example, compile and download ==> same problem. Added delay of 4s in right after Serial.begin(115200) ==> same problem.
New board is quite useless for now as Ethernet connection is the only reason I bought it.
UEXT / Re: MOD-RFID1356MIFARE - Attac...
Last post by LubOlimex - May 07, 2024, 04:35:50 PM
Did you first cut out the on-board antenna?

We haven't tested external antenna ourselves, nor have we provided any instructions how it should be done.

We designed the on-board antenna after public document AN<10447_1> PN532 demoboard - look for the information for PCB1648-1.

Maybe disconnect the on-board antenna and measure how much microhenry it is and see if your external antenna is similar.
A20 / Re: A20-OLinuXino-MICRO + Debi...
Last post by amd - May 07, 2024, 12:46:21 PM
Quote from: LubOlimex on May 07, 2024, 08:49:48 AMIt might be hard to get it working. It is made for RPi and their Linux distribution. As it listed at GitHub flutter-pi is only tested on a Rasberry Pi 4 2GB...

It won't work out-of-the-box with any board different than RPi and any distribution different than Raspberry Pi OS. The good news is that Allwinner A20 chip is ARMv7 architecture which is listed as supported by the project. The bad news is I am not sure if the hardware acceleration requirements are met.
According to flutter-pi documentation,

QuoteAlthough flutter-pi is only tested on a Rasberry Pi 4 2GB, it should work fine on other linux platforms, with the following conditions:

• support for hardware 3D acceleration. more precisely support for kernel-modesetting (KMS) and the direct rendering infrastructure (DRI)
  • CPU architecture is one of ARMv7, ARMv8, x86 or x86 64bit.

Of course, condition #2 is met.

Regarding the first one, I don't know how to get detailed information about what mesa/lima drivers for Mali400 do support and do not support.
Using strace, I managed to verify that flutter-pi quits because of a failing IOCTL that makes use of the DRM_IOCTL_SET_CLIENT_CAP parameter.

Any idea?

STMP1 / Re: Olimex STMP1 SOM - Error s...
Last post by LubOlimex - May 07, 2024, 09:05:15 AM
It sounds like the same issue. You can easily test if it is - try the image without AXP initialization just to confirm. If these five boards that never boot, boot with it, then it is the same issue. Image is here:

https://ftp.olimex.com/TEMP/SOM-NO-AXP209/STM32MP1-OLinuXino-SOM-bullseye-minimal-20240328-133932.img.7z

Contact us at support@olimex.com about the issue with the boards that won't start when power supply is applied.

> Quick power cuts seems to cause the problem every time.

This is expected by design. All boards should fail to start if there was not enough time for the capacitors to discharge. There should be at least 2 seconds between power ups.
A20 / Re: A20-OLinuXino-MICRO + Debi...
Last post by LubOlimex - May 07, 2024, 08:49:48 AM
It might be hard to get it working. It is made for RPi and their Linux distribution. As it listed at GitHub flutter-pi is only tested on a Rasberry Pi 4 2GB...

It won't work out-of-the-box with any board different than RPi and any distribution different than Raspberry Pi OS. The good news is that Allwinner A20 chip is ARMv7 architecture which is listed as supported by the project. The bad news is I am not sure if the hardware acceleration requirements are met.
ESP32 / Re: ESP32-WROOM-32E-N8 - LoRa8...
Last post by LubOlimex - May 07, 2024, 08:33:34 AM