Olinuxino A13 default Android image doesn't start

Started by buzibus, January 21, 2013, 10:54:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzibus

Hello,

My Olinuxino stopped loading the Android image.

When I plug in the card:

1) "Robot" image appears;

2) "Android" logo (the "Android" letters) doesn't appear.

3) The board reboots.

What should I do??

This board only has a few days, hadn't much time to play with it. It worked for +/-2 days, I only got to setup WIFI and not much more.

The debian image appears to load fine, but since I don't have USB keyboard I can't get through the login :(

cprogrammer

Bernd

You can also edit the network settings for the debian system on the sd card using your PC. When debian is running, you can use ssh to login to the system.

buzibus

Thank you for your replies.

I burnt the Android image to SD but only after a while I realised Android would not boot from SD...

I'll try LiveSuite.

Editing the Debian configuration from the PC is a nice idea too. Thanks. I'll try that.

But is this normal?? ( Android not booting )

If the image in Flash NAND gets corrupted so easily this board is not as reliable as I thought :(

Bernd

I didn't have any problems with the NAND flash and I had to reset the board a few times because of the problem with the touch display.

buzibus

It is not working. I've tried both instructions, from the manual and from the Wiki ( they're different ) and neither are working.

When I connect the board to the PC it tries to install drivers for it and fails. If I try "update driver" and point to the LiveSuite installation folder the driver install fails again...

BTW, I'm using Windows 7

Quote from: Bernd on January 22, 2013, 12:53:01 AM
I didn't have any problems with the NAND flash and I had to reset the board a few times because of the problem with the touch display.

Maybe mine is faulty :(

buzibus

OK.

All is good now.

Apparently LiveSuite for Windows only works with Win XP

Fortunately at work we're still stuck on XP and I had brought Office Laptop with me :)

phheeewww :)

thanks for all the help

bernard

LubOlimex

Hey buzibus,

QuoteBut is this normal??(Android not booting)

If the image in Flash NAND gets corrupted so easily this board is not as reliable as I thought

Generally this happens rarely if the board is powered off by removing the power supply while reading/writing. This is not the correct way the board should be turned off. The correct way is by using the Android/Linux interface.

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

Bernd

I also had some problems using LiveSuite. I tried holding the home button, powering on the board and connecting the USB cable. Windows recognizued the new USB device, I installed the driver and Live Suite failed to recognize it. I tried different Windows XP and Windows 7 machines. In the Windows device list the device was listed correctly.

Finally I tried holding the home button and pressing Reset after the board was started in the above described way and LiveSuite found the device and it flashed the new image.

buzibus

Quote from: bernard on January 22, 2013, 06:03:12 AM
Livesuite also works with Windows 7 64 bits.

The drivers supplied in the download link ( LiveSuitePack.exe ) don't work with Windows 7 64b

Quote from: LubOlimex on January 22, 2013, 09:39:31 AM
Generally this happens rarely if the board is powered off by removing the power supply while reading/writing. This is not the correct way the board should be turned off. The correct way is by using the Android/Linux interface.

You're right. I screwed up with too many resets and unplugging the board while running. Fortunately all is good right now :)

If you don't mind a suggestion, this board should give more visual feedback about what it is doing, at least during the boot process.

As an example, the BeagleBone has a led that blinks every time the SD card is being accessed. Something like that in the Olinuxino would be useful or just some visual indication that the board is booting from NAND or SD Card.

Quote from: Bernd on January 22, 2013, 11:38:36 AM
Finally I tried holding the home button and pressing Reset anfter the board was started in the above described way and LiveSuite found the device and it flashed the new image.

That's how I got LiveSuite to work w/ Win XP. With Win7 64b the driver bundled with LiveSuitPack didn't work and the board didnt get recognized in device manager.