April 19, 2024, 09:28:48 AM

Use of Olimex Eagle Files

Started by Lurch, March 02, 2013, 03:53:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lurch

I would like to use the PIC32-MX220 board with a PIC32MX250F128D instead of the F032D. Since Olimex doesn't sell the bare boards, I was thinking of using the Eagle file to order boards. What parts of the lettering would have to be removed, other than the "OLIMEX" company name?
These would not be for commercial use, but I'm not sure if there are still Copyright infringements with the picture, the title "Pinguino" or other text.

LubOlimex

Hey Lurch,

It is ok to keep all the prints. Actually it is recommended to keep the name prints if you are going to change only the MCU. If you still decide to sell the modified boards just mention that your project is "based on PIC32-PINGUINO-MX220 board, originally designed by Olimex LTD, Bulgaria".

Pinguino project is released as open hardware so you can use it as you'd like as long as you mention the source.

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

Lurch

Thanks for the info. For the time being, I got a hot air rework station and used it to replace the chip. Turned out to be real easy. So for now, I'll just buy the MX220 boards and replace the chip.
But it's good to know that there are no legal snags on the designs.