A13-SOM Help with UE306 driver installation

Started by dantonielli, March 01, 2024, 05:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dantonielli

Hello everyone,

I have a project developed with an A13-SOM-256 board. I am trying to install the driver for the TP-LINK UE306 ethernet adapter. When compiling the driver on the board, the following error appears:

make -C /lib/modules/3.4.90+/build SUBDIRS=/home/olimex/UE306_DRIVER modules
make: *** /lib/modules/3.4.90+/build: No existe el fichero o el directorio.  Alto.
make: *** [default] Error 2

I understand that I am missing the kernel header. When running sudo apt-get install linux-headers-$(uname -r) I get the following message

Leyendo lista de paquetes... Hecho
Creando árbol de dependencias       
Leyendo la información de estado... Hecho
E: No se ha podido localizar el paquete linux-headers-3.4.90
E: No se pudo encontrar ningún paquete con la expresión regular «linux-headers-3.4.90»

I would appreciate any comments that help me install this driver.

Thank you

LubOlimex

Not sure if there is driver for that Ethernet adapter in the legacy Linux, 3.4.90 is quite old image, newer devices might lack support or it might be harder to adapt the driver for 3.4.90.

Isn't it possible to use the newer Linux image for your project? It might be easier to install drivers there, check here: https://images.olimex.com/release/a13/

Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

dantonielli

Hello LubOlimex, thank you for your response.

It is impossible to change the Linux image since it is a development completed a long time ago and the intention is to add Ethernet connectivity through this adapter.

My goal was to be able to compile the driver on the module, but I got the error mentioned before.

investigating the directory /lib/modules/3.4.90+/build and it is a symbolic link that points to /home/gogo/a13-micro-SOM-kernel_34_no_staging_3.4.90/linux-sunxi

I was able to download the linux-sunxi folder and place it in the /home/gogo/a13-micro-SOM-kernel_34_no_staging_3.4.90 directory

Now when trying to compile the driver the error that appears is the following:

make -C /lib/modules/3.4.90+/build SUBDIRS=/home/olimex/UE306_DRIVER modules
make[1]: se ingresa al directorio `/home/gogo/a13-micro-SOM-kernel_34_no_staging_3.4.90/linux-sunxi'

ERROR: Kernel configuration is invalid.
         include/generated/autoconf.h or include/config/auto.conf are missing.
         Run 'make oldconfig && make prepare' on kernel src to fix it.

WARNING: Symbol version dump /home/gogo/a13-micro-SOM-kernel_34_no_staging_3.4.90/linux-sunxi/Module.symvers
           is missing; modules will have no dependencies and modversions.

CC [M]  /home/olimex/UE306_DRIVER/ax88179_178a.o
In file included from <command-line>:0:0:
/home/gogo/a13-micro-SOM-kernel_34_no_staging_3.4.90/linux-sunxi/include/linux/kconfig.h:4:32: fatal error: generated/autoconf.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make[2]: *** [/home/olimex/UE306_DRIVER/ax88179_178a.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [_module_/home/olimex/UE306_DRIVER] Error 2
make[1]: se sale del directorio `/home/gogo/a13-micro-SOM-kernel_34_no_staging_3.4.90/linux-sunxi'
make: *** [default] Error 2

At this moment I don't know where to continue.

dantonielli

Quote from: LubOlimex on March 04, 2024, 09:30:29 AMNot sure if there is driver for that Ethernet adapter in the legacy Linux, 3.4.90 is quite old image, newer devices might lack support or it might be harder to adapt the driver for 3.4.90.

Isn't it possible to use the newer Linux image for your project? It might be easier to install drivers there, check here: https://images.olimex.com/release/a13/

Well, I was able to install the image that you gave me on the SD and placed it on an A13-SOM-512.

I was able to communicate through UART1, but there is no change_display_A13.sh script to configure the video output to LCD

Am I missing something?

Edit: Well I found that the new script to configure the lcd is ~#olinuxino-display, apparently the information was not updated.

LubOlimex

Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex