Bookworm upgrade availability soon ?

Started by stanlog, June 14, 2023, 12:17:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stanlog

Hello,
I would like to know when you planned to upgrade your debian repository to use Bookworm as stable version ? I upgraded Olinuxino yesterday to Debian 12 without problem, upgrade Olimex repo to your "SID" repo. But I have already a very old kernel (5.10.105-olimex). I use this A64 board as a server, I don't know if I can use the official Debian kernel in replacement of yours without break anything :(

If somebody can tell me, it would be great.
Thanks.

LubOlimex

We plan to upgrade but we don't have a timeline. As soon as we test how it works and apply all fixes needed. Bookworm was released 4 days ago...

>  I use this A64 board as a server, I don't know if I can use the official Debian kernel in replacement of yours without break anything

Things will break, better stick with official images if you want to avoid trouble.
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

stanlog

Thank you for the answer, and for your products.

Quote from: LubOlimex on June 14, 2023, 01:27:39 PMWe plan to upgrade but we don't have a timeline. As soon as we test how it works and apply all fixes needed. Bookworm was released 4 days ago...

Yes but in freeze status for a while ;) Nevermind.

If someone has a cookbook to build this kernel and some other Olimex dedicated Debian packages (arm-trusted-firmware-oliuxino for example), maybe the community could help ? I really love Olimex products, and I want to buy and use European single boards computers as long I can. It's why softwares and drivers publishing regularity are really important in my point of view, to be honest.

LubOlimex

We have instructions at the end of the manual, all sources are also available at the GitHub.

Make sure to start from the Olimage manual:

https://github.com/OLIMEX/OLINUXINO/tree/master/DOCUMENTS/OLIMAGE
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

stanlog

Thank you,
I'm going to read this documentation.
Have a nice evening.

gregh

Quote from: LubOlimex on June 14, 2023, 01:27:39 PMWe plan to upgrade but we don't have a timeline. As soon as we test how it works and apply all fixes needed. Bookworm was released 4 days ago...

Can you give a rough estimate when the bookworm repo [1] for A20 Micro will be available?
Because if it is just a few weeks I will wait with my server upgrade and make 10 -> 11 -> 12 in one downtime. But if it will take months I will do  10->11 now and 11->12 seperate later.

[1] http://repository.olimex.com/dists/

mbosschaert

Maybe not the answer you were waiting for, but I installed debian bookworm on olinuxino-lime2 following the regular debian procedure which actually work very good. There is also a firmware file for the MICRO. Have not tested all possible hardware but so far it creates a perfect working basic debian system on which I was able to install homeassistant-supervised. For the debian installation I followed the instructions given in the README file in https://deb.debian.org/debian/dists/bookworm/main/installer-armhf/current/images/netboot/SD-card-images/

mossroy

Quote from: LubOlimex on June 14, 2023, 01:27:39 PMWe plan to upgrade but we don't have a timeline. As soon as we test how it works and apply all fixes needed.

@LubOlimex do you now have a timeline? Bookworm is the stable debian version since more than 10 months