April 28, 2024, 02:55:35 PM

ESP32-POE Board

Started by Annamag, November 16, 2023, 09:31:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Annamag

Received ESP32-POE board today.  Unit does not power up when I connect to a TP-LINK Smart POE switch.  Tried few cables just in case.  I know the POE switch works as I have a few security cameras and other POE devices.  It seems the POE switch does not see the device to negotiate the POE connection.  Any comments?  Thanks,  Colin

LubOlimex

By default the board doesn't come programmed with Ethernet code. It comes blank. Maybe the switch doesn't power up devices it can't establish Ethernet connection with? Maybe you can force it to power it up or better first download Ethernet code via the USB and try again?

Remember to disconnect ESP32-PoE from the Ethernet cable when attached to the USB. Avoid having PoE power and USB power at the same time on the ESP32-PoE at all costs.
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

Annamag

Thanks for the info.  I just assumed it was pre-loaded.  Will look into setting up the tools and programming.  Cheers

LubOlimex

ESP32-POE can be programmed from the USB, you can try the Arduino IDE code from Examples -> Ethernet -> ETH_LAN8720 first install the ESP32 package as explained here:

https://docs.espressif.com/projects/arduino-esp32/en/latest/installing.html
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex