Getting USB-gLINK to work (with Lime)

Started by anverx, May 19, 2023, 01:24:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anverx

Hi

I'm trying to get USB-gLINK modem to work.

Initally when i plugged it into the Lime it was very unstable, it would get connection maybe once out 3 times and break it spontaneously.  It looks like the Lime doesn't supply enough peak current for the modem, so i've inserted a USB-CAP beteen the Lime and the modem.  This made the things much better, modem starts up and reaches connected state quickly and every time. 

Now the problem is that the modem hangs once in a few(maybe 12) hours.  All 3 indicator lights go off, power light still on, and dmesg says usb device disconnected.  This state is fixed by unplugging and replugging the modem.  This fix doesn't work for unsupervised devices.  I set out to write a simple watchdog script that would powercycle the modem when usb device disconnects. As it is plugged into USB_HOST2, the script would have to flip USB2-DRV pin up and down.  USB2-DRV is A5 which GPIO05,  i exported gpio 5 set it as output and tried setting the value 0 and 1 alternatively but this has no effect on modem power.

What is wrong with my process? 
And is there a better solution to get the modem to work reliably?

LubOlimex

Please test again using USB_HOST1. It is capable of providing up to double the current of USB-HOST1. To be exact, USB_HOST2 provides up to 523mA of current, while USB_HOST1 provides up to 1000mA of current. This is visible in the schematic.
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

anverx

Thanks.

After plugging the modem into the first port it has been wokring fine.  Up for 3 days now.