March 29, 2024, 07:12:26 AM

olimex driver issue

Started by mint, February 21, 2023, 01:47:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mint

i cant even get windows to install it i have the avr isp500 iso and i have disabled windows driver checks multiple ways but it alwasy returns the error the hash for the file is not present in the specified catalog file the key is likly corrupt or the file is the victem of tampering
this driver ran fine on windows 7 and just in case the copy i had from then was bad i downloaded a fresh copy off the olimex website today and it throws the same error. i have a lot of boards that do not have a usb interface only jtag and i am unable to continue developement on any of them without a working device

LubOlimex

Hey, first notice that I moved your topic to where it belongs.

Now about AVR-ISP500-ISO under Windows 10:

I've used AVR-ISP500-ISO under Windows 10 myself in the past. The first time installation is a bit tricky but thankfully you usually need to install the drivers once.

The drivers that we provide are unsigned. Windows 10 has signature driver enforcement enabled by default. To install the drivers, you would need to disable the signature protection temporarily, then install the drivers, then re-enable the signature protection (it gets automatically re-enabled after reboot).

1.1. Click the Start button and select Windows Settings (do not confuse it with Start Menu Settings).
1.2. Click Update and Security.
1.3. Click on Recovery.
1.4. Click Restart now under Advanced Startup.
1.5. Click Troubleshoot.
1.6. Click Advanced options.
1.7. Click Further options (hidden on bottom of screen)
1.8. Click Startup Settings.
1.9. Click on Restart.
1.10. Once you boot into "Startup Settings" select the number corresponding to "Disable driver signature enforcement"

At this point your computer will restart and you will be able to install non-digitally signed drivers. If you restart your computer again the driver signature enforcement will be re-enabled.

2. After enforcement had been disabled you need to install the drivers (if you restart your computer you need to disable the enforcement again). How to install drivers once the enforcement had been disabled:
2.1. Make sure that you have downloaded and extracted the drivers provided for AVR-ISP500-ISO, available here: https://www.olimex.com/Products/AVR/Programmers/AVR-ISP500-ISO/resources/AVR-ISP500-ISO-Driver.zip
2.2. Connect AVR-ISP500-ISO to the personal computer.
2.3. You should now have some COM port in "Windows Device Manager". If you can't identify the entry unplug and re-plug the AVR-ISP500-ISO until you are sure.
2.4. Right-click over the entry for the cable.
2.5. Select "Update Driver Software...".
2.6. Select "Browse my computer for driver software".
2.7. Select the bottom option "Let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer".
2.8. Either click "Have Disk" and point to the place where you extracted the drivers from the archive above OR alternatively pick one of the drivers in the list under "Model", if there are more then one test them all starting each time from step 1.
2.9. Select next, and if a warning pops up select "Install Anyway" and after installation close the window.
2.10. Inspect the new entry in "Windows Device Manager" after the driver installation and ensure that there are no errors or warnings.

Notice that you if you change the USB port used for AVR-ISP500-ISO you would need to again disable the driver signature enforcement and install the driver.
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex