LCD-OLinuXino-4.3"TS

Started by Nattan, February 13, 2023, 09:46:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nattan

Hi,

I recently had a project to update a LeapFrog Creatr HS printer, which works with an A20-OLinuXino-Micro card.

I noticed the printer LCD was OLinuXino-4.3"TS, but the TS was not used. So I used the latest official Debian image to do some testing, however couldn't get the TS to work In the Olinuxino-display, the correct screen is selected, with the TS functionality.

thx for your help

LubOlimex

What image exactly did you use and where you got it from?

Which entry in olinuxino-display do you select exactly?
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

Nattan

I use the image found on the following link: http://images.olimex.com/release/a20/

I selected the following line : "LCD-OLinuXino-4.3TS    480x272 panel with resistive TS and analog int"

LubOlimex

Hmmm, it is the proper image and the proper olinuxino-display entry. I tested same setup today and it seems to work here. It is probably not a software issue.

Was the A20 board ever used with another display with another type of touch? Make sure it is not configured for capacitive touch.

Maybe disconnect the touch and re-connect it, remember to unlock the connector from the sides before unplugging the ribbon cable.

Nattan

I just found this in the ribbon cable, behind the protective sheath, could it come from there?

LubOlimex

Not very likely but possible nonetheless. You can use multimeter tool in short-circuit or beep mode to check for continuity between both connectors of the cable to confirm or deny. If the cable is orientated so that red marking is at pins 1-2 then it is more likely since the last four pins are responsible for the touch.

Maybe try another cable.

Is it possible that the A20 board was modified in some way? Can you show us some pictures of the board around the LCD connector's top and bottom? What is the hardware revision of the A20 board?

Nattan

I tested all the pins of the cables and there seems to be no problem. Except if Leapfrog touched it before nesting it in their printer, I don't think anyone touched the card.

there the pictures :

LubOlimex

Hmm it is older revision that doesn't even support easy switch to capactive touch. What is the screen exactly can you also upload a picture of the display ?

LubOlimex

I managed to find same hardware revision board and display and they seem to work just fine. Touch works also fine. I enabled the display and the touch with olinuxino-display and selected:

LCD-OLinuXino-4.3TS       480x272 panel with resistive TS and analog int...

So it is probably some issue in your hardware. Hard to say what exactly...