Display Olimex 7CTS from different manufacturer no more working

Started by Titomax, December 13, 2022, 03:18:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Titomax

Hi,
we ordered a new set of displays LCD-OLinuXino-7CTS and we received a different type of display (less tick and with a different touchscreen).

On  the package we read: LCD-OLinuXino-7CTS rev. CM - Olimex PN: 92783

How can I have information about this new type of display ?
Where I can find the correct datasheet for both display and touchscreen ?

If I use my application (7CTS option in Olinuxino-display script) now the screen flickers and is no more usable. With previous 7CTS display it runs well.

Do I need to execute some modifications to init files ?

Thanks

LubOlimex

Yes, due to shortages of electronics components we have used different kind of LCD displays and touch drivers. But the difference with older revisions was the touch was mirrored, this flickering is news to me.

In Olinuxino-display script there should be an entry for these new touchscreens it is "LCD-OLinuXino-7CTS-TS-Inv". Source is here:

https://github.com/OLIMEX/olinuxino-overlays/blob/master/sun7i-a20/A20-OLinuXino-Lime2/lime2-i2c2-gt911inv.dts

If the "LCD-OLinuXino-7CTS-TS-Inv" entry is missing try to run apt update and then apt dist upgrade, it should be available then.

What board are you using?
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

Titomax

Quote from: LubOlimex on December 14, 2022, 11:48:27 AMYes, due to shortages of electronics components we have used different kind of LCD displays and touch drivers. But the difference with older revisions was the touch was mirrored, this flickering is news to me.

In Olinuxino-display script there should be an entry for these new touchscreens it is "LCD-OLinuXino-7CTS-TS-Inv". Source is here:

https://github.com/OLIMEX/olinuxino-overlays/blob/master/sun7i-a20/A20-OLinuXino-Lime2/lime2-i2c2-gt911inv.dts

If the "LCD-OLinuXino-7CTS-TS-Inv" entry is missing try to run apt update and then apt dist upgrade, it should be available then.

What board are you using?

Hi,
I'm using the STMP1 SOM with the STMP1(A13)-EVB for test purpose only.
The SOM is normally mounted on our custom carrier board on which we load chrome and use a webserver with good result.
Now with the new type of display the console is shown correctly but when chrome starts the display begins to flicker (the old display works without any issue).

Regarding the .dts file you linked, it's not for STMP1 SOM but for A20 platform. In the STMP1 updated image the LCD-OLinuXino-7CTS-TS-Inv is not present.

Please as I requested in the previous message, could you share the Manufacturer and the P/N for both Display and Touchscreen so we can try to fix the issues ? Could you put the link to datasheets in your site or in the forum ?

Thanks

LubOlimex

Yeah it appears it wasn't done for the STMP1 overlays. I don't think we have documentation, I believe our supplier sold us these displays as the same as we used previously. Have to check.

LubOlimex