ESP32-POE-ISO stable mounting

Started by kleurbleur, June 16, 2022, 06:32:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kleurbleur

Love the board, but the mounting is a pita! As mentioned before in this thread this is intentional and there is a mention of headers and breadboard solutions. However when I search for this I seem to not find anything that seems stable to me. Did anyone find a good solution for this?

Much appreciated!

LubOlimex

For the moment the best idea is to use the pinholes at the sides.

In future hardware revision we would increase the size of both ESP32-POE and ESP32-POE-ISO and place three mount holes. Keep an eye for the update in the GitHub repos.
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

kleurbleur

Didn't get a notification from the forum.
But thanks for the reply! Will def check it out.

kleurbleur

As a reference to future self and others. For now we can use a prototype board like this (4x6cm double sided 2,45mm holes board) and mount the board to it with the supplied headers from the board. This leaves three rows of holes to solder screw terminals to it for one bank of pins. Take a wider prototype board if you want to expose both banks. Make sure that it you have three rows available for normal size (max 1,5mm2) screw terminals.

Bigalmacmac

Have you watched this video?

The guy provides a link to a PCB and also a plastic mount.

Might help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NICRlC5gzBo

kleurbleur

Quote from: Bigalmacmac on November 07, 2022, 02:02:54 PMHave you watched this video?

The guy provides a link to a PCB and also a plastic mount.

Might help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NICRlC5gzBo

I encountered it, but did not fully watch it and overlooked the link for ordering the pcb and 3d models! Thanks for pointing it out!

LubOlimex

By the way latest hardware revisions of both ESP32-POE and ESP32-POE-ISO now have mount holes. This required to increase the size with 5mm (from 75mm to 80mm). If you get the board from our web-shop you will get hardware revision K.

kleurbleur

Quote from: LubOlimex on November 15, 2022, 01:45:46 PMBy the way latest hardware revisions of both ESP32-POE and ESP32-POE-ISO now have mount holes. This required to increase the size with 5mm (from 75mm to 80mm). If you get the board from our web-shop you will get hardware revision K.

Great! The pictures or the description don't reflect that change. Neither does the github log. Or did I check to quickly?

LubOlimex